Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen this video posted before. Looks like it clearly hits the post in it in spite of what other videos show. At the least I'm giving the umpire some credit

Look how well positioned the goal ump is in that footage. Poor bastard has been fed to the wolves but nobody in any official capacity has really acknowledged that he was in the best spot to make the call - and the field umpires must have agreed as they never questioned him.

Look how well positioned the goal ump is in that footage. Poor bastard has been fed to the wolves but nobody in any official capacity has really acknowledged that he was in the best spot to make the call - and the field umpires must have agreed as they never questioned him.

also seems to be a couple of the fans in shot go up, then arms go down immediately, like they also think the ball brushed the post

This a critical kick with just 1.10 minutes to go and no-one on the inside to create pressure.

See photo 1

Tell me which teams allow players to run as far as the like with just the player on the mark.

Maybe he would kick it anyway but we miss simple things that WOULD make us better under pressure.

Another 'lose/win' due to lack of leadership and we ignore it every year.
7477e32e661513e013cde4092774b706.jpg
ff46ef233ea9acdd28a610502186010e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This a critical kick with just 1.10 minutes to go and no-one on the inside to create pressure.

See photo 1

Tell me which teams allow players to run as far as the like with just the player on the mark.

Maybe he would kick it anyway but we miss simple things that WOULD make us better under pressure.

There was a setup fail here…like a player standing effectively where Keays kicked it, just like how defence sets up for a banana …I could believe we had no one inside there.

I haven't seen this video posted before. Looks like it clearly hits the post in it in spite of what other videos show. At the least I'm giving the umpire some credit

Without the edge/spike system criminally not at every ground then there is no means to sack the goal ump at all.
Who’s to say that if he did go to score review, spike/edge may have come up with something as the ball went past. Without consistency at every ground having this technology then it’s more of a failure of the AFL than it is the goal ump.

Hopefully all this hoo haa will mean that the AFL will get serious and invest money into super slow mo/super high quality goal line cameras and also make sure edge/spike is available at every ground. Until then ARC will be a hilariously archaic review system for such a “professional” sporting league

See photo 1

Can you not understand that the player on the mark CAN'T MOVE UNTIL CALLED PLAY ON

I feel bad for the umpire because we all make mistakes but at the end of the day no one bears any responsibility for this incident except for the umpire. Not only did he see something that wasn't actually there, but he was SO confident in what he'd seen that he didn't call for it to be reviewed. Just a monumental error, but you'd hope that with situations like this people remember it is just a game and also ask themselves if they've ever gotten something wrong in their jobs.

Whether or not that was just a bit of visual illusion from that angle, and the ball in fact DIDN'T hit the post. It's important to note that the goal umpire was viewing the footy from that angle so would have seen that deviation and based on the information available to him was understandably confident in his decision (whether or not he made an error isnt entirely important, he felt confident in his decision).

For Gil to hang him out to dry based on the other angle (the angle opposite to where the goal umpire was standing) is unacceptable, and an error of judgement on Gil's part. An error of judgement worse than the goal umpires original blunder.

Gil could have taken more time to review all available evidence before flying off the handle and making an unnecessary comment. At least the goal umpire had time pressure against him, Gil wasn't under any time constraints and should have been much more measured in his response.

Gil owes the goal umpire a public apology and should reverse his decision to stand the goal ump down for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Can you not understand that the player on the mark CAN'T MOVE UNTIL CALLED PLAY ON
Just Bedders everyone understands that. But we decide you can run as much as you can with no pressure from the side.

Every team does it every time but we ignore it with 70 seconds to go.

I feel bad for the umpire because we all make mistakes but at the end of the day no one bears any responsibility for this incident except for the umpire. Not only did he see something that wasn't actually there, but he was SO confident in what he'd seen that he didn't call for it to be reviewed. Just a monumental error, but you'd hope that with situations like this people remember it is just a game and also ask themselves if they've ever gotten something wrong in their jobs.
Yup umpires make mistakes. #stillmad
1547.jpg

#evenmadder.
73b2fa45badf74e7a28b2dad859e3ed6.jpg

Just Bedders everyone understands that. But we decide you can run as much as you can with no pressure from the side.

Every team does it every time but we ignore it with 70 seconds to go.

Agree was a horrible oversight.

Watch Heeney snap and the opposition is always all over him.

Whether or not that was just a bit of visual illusion from that angle, and the ball in fact DIDN'T hit the post. It's important to note that the goal umpire was viewing the footy from that angle so would have seen that deviation and based on the information available to him was understandably confident in his decision (whether or not he made an error isnt entirely important, he felt confident in his decision).

For Gil to hang him out to dry based on the other angle (the angle opposite to where the goal umpire was standing) is unacceptable, and an error of judgement on Gil's part. An error of judgement worse than the goal umpires original blunder.

Gil could have taken more time to review all available evidence before flying off the handle and making an unnecessary comment. At least the goal umpire had time pressure against him, Gil wasn't under any time constraints and should have been much more measured in his response.

Gil owes the goal umpire a public apology and should reverse his decision to stand the goal ump down for the rest of the season.
He'd be given a lap of honour at the Port home game this week, big cheers every time he's called into action.

Exactly, this why I don't believe there is conclusive evidence to say the umpire was wrong and that it's a goal. And this is exactly the umpire's view. So all this hysteria, the umpire copping it from everyone for what exactly? It's not a clear error imo.

Rarely do I agree with Slobbo - but he’s saying “time to move on” and he feels for the umpire. They are carrying on as if they are the only team ever who won’t make the finals. There are 7 others that won’t too. . Put it into perspective- it’s Wednesday and there are bigger things in life to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back