AFL Autopsy 1 point (technical) win vs the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched about 15 minutes of the 2nd (?) quarter, and in 2 minutes I saw this club summed up.

Perkins did some great work up forward to cap off some ugly scrapping from the rest of the team, finally netting a goal (either his own, or the one he passed to Langord).

At the next centre ball up, our players stood still as West Coast waltzed out. Heppell ran forward and fell over. His man ran out the back. McGrath sort of jogged as he watched him collect the ball and dribble it through for an instant goal.

I had to turn it off for unrelated reasons, but something tells me I don't need to watch any more.

I watched about 15 minutes of the 2nd (?) quarter, and in 2 minutes I saw this club summed up.

Perkins did some great work up forward to cap off some ugly scrapping from the rest of the team, finally netting a goal (either his own, or the one he passed to Langord).

At the next centre ball up, our players stood still as West Coast waltzed out. Heppell ran forward and fell over. His man ran out the back. McGrath sort of jogged as he watched him collect the ball and dribble it through for an instant goal.

I had to turn it off for unrelated reasons, but something tells me I don't need to watch any more.

I had a similar experience to you through that period

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whats changed? we’re still in the finals race and on track middle of the road finish to the season.
Not realistically. We have to beat the giansts at home and the pies. We have to win every game and then were still making up numbers

As i said the dogs drumming tells the club all it needs

Its the first time ever in my life this year where I have (almost) given up hope of my football club ever being good.

I look at so many other "big 4" teams who have been s**t, rebuilt, won finals, competed, won flags, bottomed out, gone again

all whilst my pathetic football club meanders around mediocrity year on year.

It almost doesn't hurt any more as the years go by knowing we are not going to win anyways
Is that not footy ? Melbourne waited 50 years. Richmond 30 years . Pies have only won two flags in 40 odd years and it is actually now 13 years since the last one. Carlton 27 years. Geelong has a 11 year gap despite not falling too far. Hawks are now at 8 years and looking at over 10. We have ****ed up the list build a few times but lets face it the saga has really set us back 10 or so years this time around. Problem is we got spoilt between 1982 and 2001 and we just expect it again. Maybe I am a bit immune because I started going in the seventies when we where a mediocre underachieving side and waited 11 years before I saw a winning final and my step dad was a Fitzroy supporter who was just happy to see his team play every week .

Not realistically. We have to beat the giansts at home and the pies. We have to win every game and then were still making up numbers

As i said the dogs drumming tells the club all it needs
As I said well before that ;)

The bloke losing his s**t next to me was hilarious. My kids learned new ways to put * and campaigner into a sentence! Not only did we get a close game but it was educational too!

Some people take footy way too seriously.

Did you say that when we were 5th not off an emotional loss?
I thought we might have a chance of winning an elimination final but that’s about it and still just making up the numbers, if we were to make finals I wanted it to be on the back of players who might be having a decent crack at it in the next few years not with players like Hep and Snelling still in the side

I thought we might have a chance of winning an elimination final but that’s about it and still just making up the numbers, if we were to make finals I wanted it to be on the back of players who might be having a decent crack at it in the next few years not with players like Hep and Snelling still in the side
Your not making up the numbers if you think you can win a final

Irony Emotional Damage GIF by saschamoellersde

LOL…can’t believe some of you are still talking finals 😆😆
Let me give you the heads up…we are limping to the line (just like Gold Coast, tigers, cats, & saints/swans).
We have lots of good players, we have zero superstars. But we do have a guy who has been in the top job for 20 years who hasn’t recruited a superstar despite 20+ first round picks 🤷🏻‍♀️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me give you the heads up…we are limping to the line (just like Gold Coast, tigers, cats, & saints/swans).
We have lots of good players, we have zero superstars. But we do have a guy who has been in the top job for 20 years who hasn’t recruited a superstar despite 20+ first round picks 🤷🏻‍♀️
And some refer to him as a genius?! Dodo embodies Essington clinging to absolute s**t trucks.

How many superstars in the comp are there?

What's the point playing Kelly if it's not deep and negating? This idea he is up the field on the end of passes and delivering into 50 is ludicrous
Agreed, this one is a real head scratcher.

What you've done, and what so many others do, is get emotional and then take things out of context.
You sure you’re not just reacting to a bad game?

Zoom out just a tiny bit, it’s clear we have run out of legs. Whether that’s Scott, debatable.

Zoom out even more and have a look at the first half of the year. Without our number one forward there’s improvement to see all over the park.

Your arguments are great the smaller the sample size.

Im really not sure why anyone cares about winning over these last 4 weeks

The writing was on the wall vs the dogs

Were still a way off and no chance without Stringer, Ridley, Draper ect. Rather get better picks

For me, there’s no great logic to it; I just always want to get the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back