AFL Autopsy 1 point (technical) win vs the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

You sure you’re not just reacting to a bad game?

Zoom out just a tiny bit, it’s clear we have run out of legs. Whether that’s Scott, debatable.

Zoom out even more and have a look at the first half of the year. Without our number one forward there’s improvement to see all over the park.

Your arguments are great the smaller the sample size.

I posted in response to posts in the autopsy thread.

Nothing I have posted relies on an individual performance.

We've been allowing transition to win the ball back at half back all year. It's not sustainable and has further entrenched bad habits of a list that to this point can't, and arguably refuses, to play 2 way footy.

Today is perhaps the high point for the argument because we allowed West Coast 6 more goals transitioning from D50 than usual.

So you make huge decisions that define organisations based on little to no knowledge/information? Dont run my organisation

The different between Scott and Rutten is Rutten was trying to implement a defensive strategy from the get go. Scott isnt.

He wants basics done well and if theyre not then he will look to rectify them the best he can.

You think he needs a season.

I'm saying that if he has followed footy and it's statistical trends, which he might have been in his role at the AFL, it would take a fortnight of hard work to know what he needed to know.

A year to have a look at a list is a smokescreen and great PR management. But it's bullshit.

More importantly, it's a mistake because he was expected to crack heads and he didn't. He can't do it now because he has to manage the fragile players he has spent a year talking up.

He is an extremely good coach if he can pull it off from here. I do not rule out that he is an extremely good coach.

The bloke losing his s**t next to me was hilarious. My kids learned new ways to put * and campaigner into a sentence! Not only did we get a close game but it was educational too!

Some people take footy way too seriously.
People need to have a good hard look at themselves imo.

Swearing, abusing players, throwing literal temper tantrums in what I presume is the no alcohol section around the cheer squad? Wouldn't let my kids come for free.

Swearing, abusing players, throwing literal temper tantrums in what I presume is the no alcohol section around the cheer squad? Wouldn't let my kids come for free.
sets a bad example, hope they get an earful from their mates if they do it. my friends always hold me to account if i get hot headed

your kids need to harden up a bit though - they probably couldn’t even win a kick boxing fight against a st kilda fan

Had a classic pies supporter behind me at the hawks game and surrounded by angry essendon supporters at ours.
Im looking forward to getting in and patting the hounds

So many angry ppl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun facts about today teams!

West Coke had 10 Premiership players today to our zero.
West Coke had a side with an average age of 24.4 to Dons 23.8.
West Coke had a side with an average game of 99.4 which ranked 3rd for the year. Dons side average games was 66.9 which ranked 14th for the year. The difference is 32.5 games advantage per player than the Dons.
Regardless how they have performed previously, todays side was older and more experienced than ours.

You think he needs a season.

I'm saying that if he has followed footy and it's statistical trends, which he might have been in his role at the AFL, it would take a fortnight of hard work to know what he needed to know.

A year to have a look at a list is a smokescreen and great PR management. But it's bullshit.

More importantly, it's a mistake because he was expected to crack heads and he didn't. He can't do it now because he has to manage the fragile players he has spent a year talking up.

He is an extremely good coach if he can pull it off from here. I do not rule out that he is an extremely good coach.
We played 1 or 2 more games after sacking the coach

Scott at the time wasnt even convinced whether he wanted to coach again at the time

We have to agree to disagree, your clearly not changing your thought on this and neither am i

There’s a lot of same same about Brad’s messaging each week with not alot of solutions. Needs to seriously shake the team up with selection starting by dropping that lumbering spud Phillips & let Bryan ruck the rest of the year solo.

Guelfi & Cox can have a spell for both Baldwin & Tex. Setters is auto inclusion too & for the love of god, get Heppell out of the back 6. * me!

I have no angst toward Scott…obviously it wasn’t his instructions to bomb the ball inside 50 because we fixed it up to an extent in the second quarter…execution, turnovers, inaccuracy and a few silly decisions along with burn out from the past 9 months…it saps confidence in a game and it goes through the entire team…

The only thing Scott could have done more this season after the bye was make examples at selection…half a season is probably enough to know whether you have the buy-in and the cattle to execute your system.

I fully expected this type of game (I think I said in an earlier post before the match we’d kick 10 goals with 150 entries inside 50 - ok I was off about 100 entries lol) but I thought we had changed quite a bit…I did think we were done with these types of performances…

Guys behind me were abusing our players 1 minute into the match. When we were four goals up they were swearing and abusing us harder and calling every player useless as loud as they could while they downed another beer. Yet somehow, when we win by a point they are jumping and high fiving each other like we just won the premiership.

Thankfully I had noise cancelling headphones and played some loud techno to drown them out. It was quite a different experience watching with that music in the background.

Guys behind me were abusing our players 1 minute into the match. When we were four goals up they were swearing and abusing us harder and calling every player useless as loud as they could while they downed another beer. Yet somehow, when we win by a point they are jumping and high fiving each other like we just won the premiership.

Thankfully I had noise cancelling headphones and played some loud techno to drown them out. It was quite a different experience watching with that music in the background.
Watching grown man stamp their feet as they stand in the aisle and calling blokes ******* dog campaigners is unbelievable.

This year isnt necessarily about changing standards

He wanted to have a look and then make changes

Why make change based of zero information and knowledge? Thats a dangerous and stupid way to go. He was given 4 years instead of 2 so he didnt have to do this stupid s**t

Give hime time before burying him

The club gave way better effort till this round alone. Parish and Zac Merret alone have improved defensively

Hes progressed guys like Perkins and Hobbs

Do people seriously expect much with the most inexperienced side in the last half? The seasons done. It was after 3 qtr vs the dogs. The club knows that.

Nothing from after that point matters
This x 1000

He is continuing to play parts of the team to make his call on them. Development year to actually see where the list is at.

Yeah hilarious
calm your farm bro! i was making a call back to when DERO and I were at a game and a dude was carrying on like you described so we called him on it and then his 12 year old son challenged me to a kickboxing fight.

you’ve got to call them on it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back