Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

We are going to be a bruising outfit in 2019... May, VDB, Viney, Preuss and Nev are all wrecking balls. Goody now has his team of competitors. The transformation is complete.

I think the word you're looking for is campaigners.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
So we have May, Lever and potentially Kolodjasni to come into our back six. I’m not thrilled about taking Frost out of there because I love his pace and willingness to carry the ball. I’m a big fan of Oscar too.
My early prediction of our starting backline is:
Nev OMAC Hibberd
Lever May Salem.
Maybe Frost plays until Lever is ready to go.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
It’s what I’ve been wanting for about twenty years. A side full of campaigners.

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere there about wanting lots of campaigners

May is as tough as nails and a great communicator on the field, look forward to seeing him bump a few people into next week . Good luck in 2019

So we have May, Lever and potentially Kolodjasni to come into our back six. I’m not thrilled about taking Frost out of there because I love his pace and willingness to carry the ball. I’m a big fan of Oscar too.
My early prediction of our starting backline is:
Nev OMAC Hibberd
Lever May Salem.
Maybe Frost plays until Lever is ready to go.

#Hunty

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
No more Oscar taking Hawkins. Thank **** for that. :)
Don’t think either May or Lever should be taking Hawkins. OMac and Frost fight for one spot. Frost surely ahead at this stage. If he focuses on lock down defence he’ll be fine, he had to try and intercept and rebound a bit with Lever out in the finals. Now he will have Lever May Hibberd coming in third man to even a contest, something Oscar has never done well.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Nev May Lever Hibberd Frost is as solid a five defenders as can get and hopefully May can help organise our defence. Reckon he’s fairly comparable to Virgil Van Dijk in soccer hopefully he performs just as well as the Dutchman has for Liverpool.

Hopefully one of KK/Hunt can free Salem up the ground a bit. Surely Lewis isn’t best 22 anymore

Rory Thompson and Jack Leslie usually took the bigger forwards alongside May in May’s best season where he played more of an intercept role

He'll be playing traditional full back when the match ups are there. Makes zero sense to get him and not use him in that role.

Against teams with smaller quicker forward lines, sure, he will probably play a bit more third man up deep if possible.

Back