Player Watch #1 - Steven May - Kicking as many goals off field as he is on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
May was seen on TV running laps, so he is obviously at a stage were he can run in a predicted manner without issue. That doesn't mean he is fit enough to play a game where he has to move in a an unknown direction at any moment.

So it is pretty safe to assume, running straight lines for Steven May right now there is no issues because we've all seen it on TV.
I don’t have a tv

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I probably didn't explain properly.

With my groin I was jogging 4 weeks after but anything high impact was out of the question for quite a while, such as directional change as you mentioned but also including taking off to sprint (even in a straight line). About 4 months in I could build up to a fast run from a slow start. But took 6 months for me to be able to launch from standing start into a sprint without discomfort.

I have ****** hips from footy which made my recovery time longer than normal but my point was running in a straight line is still a major hurdle with a groin.

I didn't see what sort of speed he was running at but anything medium to low pace doesn't necessarily indicate he is close to match fit.
So the context of my post was Topkent mentioned said footage in earlier post and he mentioned he could be close to playing. My reply was running laps/straight lines in a controlled manner is vastly different to running in a game.

harry000

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New England Patriots
So the context of my post was Topkent mentioned said footage in earlier post and he mentioned he could be close to playing. My reply was running laps/straight lines in a controlled manner is vastly different to running in a game.
Ah my bad, read it in he wrong context!

Top Bottom