Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

He speaks brilliantly, and the way he takes accountability for Gold Coast’s current position + explains the reasons for his move are really refreshing.

I love him already.

Additionally, after watching that, kudos to Goodwin. Roosy laid the foundation, but Goody is growing an exceptional culture. Displays genuine care for every player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He speaks brilliantly, and the way he takes accountability for Gold Coast’s current position + explains the reasons for his move are really refreshing.

I love him already.

All the people who are slashing their wrists over the deal, are probably the same ones slashing their wrists over the Melksham deal. May himself used Hibberd and Melk as examples of player improvement and why he came to melbourne. No reason he can't be AA next year for us

Our toughest key defender since Danny Hughes?
You forgot Carroll mate. Hughes was a mongrel though, BT said he was his toughest opponent along with Spud

I feel like a cheating spouse but he could well overtake Jetta and Viney as my favourite player...
Must be nice, i lust lost mine. I suppose i'll have to find a new one, but then again i could be Topkent

Must be nice, i lust lost mine. I suppose i'll have to find a new one, but then again i could be Topkent

I'm scared to claim one now

Farmer > Moloney > Tapscott > Kent.

It's all gone wrong, Harmes is probably it now but I can't make it official or he will be at Sydney in 3 years

I have been hoping Melbourne would get this guy for years. Just fantastic this got done.

Melbourne now has a fully fledged Full Back with a nasty streak.
Nasty streak is good but also leadership.

May - club captain at GC
Lever - touted future captain material at Crows.

We've virtually locked our defence now and Petty won't be put under pressure to fasttrack.

I'm scared to claim one now

Farmer > Moloney > Tapscott > Kent.

It's all gone wrong, Harmes is probably it now but I can't make it official or he will be at Sydney in 3 years
You've taken over the BigFooty sponsorship curse.

Who's the whipping boy now that you need to back?

Our back line is better than any Gold Coast had during May's time up there that will mean he will be under less pressure = good disposal and exit from d50
So is our midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back