Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
May was seen on TV running laps, so he is obviously at a stage were he can run in a predicted manner without issue. That doesn't mean he is fit enough to play a game where he has to move in a an unknown direction at any moment.

So it is pretty safe to assume, running straight lines for Steven May right now there is no issues because we've all seen it on TV.
I don’t have a tv

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I probably didn't explain properly.

With my groin I was jogging 4 weeks after but anything high impact was out of the question for quite a while, such as directional change as you mentioned but also including taking off to sprint (even in a straight line). About 4 months in I could build up to a fast run from a slow start. But took 6 months for me to be able to launch from standing start into a sprint without discomfort.

I have ****** hips from footy which made my recovery time longer than normal but my point was running in a straight line is still a major hurdle with a groin.

I didn't see what sort of speed he was running at but anything medium to low pace doesn't necessarily indicate he is close to match fit.

So the context of my post was Topkent mentioned said footage in earlier post and he mentioned he could be close to playing. My reply was running laps/straight lines in a controlled manner is vastly different to running in a game.

So the context of my post was Topkent mentioned said footage in earlier post and he mentioned he could be close to playing. My reply was running laps/straight lines in a controlled manner is vastly different to running in a game.
Ah my bad, read it in he wrong context!

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I don’t have a tv

Well he was shown to be running laps on TV during the sports segment, so it’s safe to say his recovery is at stage where it is safe to run straight lines. So I wasn’t assuming anything.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
What a waste of a pick and the money we are paying him.

Has done nothing but bring poor attention to the club.

Has looked like no better than Oscar McDonald in most of his games.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Yah I can't defend his kicking. Wasn't his best by a long way.

not as bad as the Carlton game (very low bar) but he was kicking very safe.

his kick outs - just lobbing it 45m to the boundary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely ******* terrible, his decision making is horrific.

Looked as tho he was about to tear up at one stage coz he couldn't yell at anyone for being a bigger spud than him in the backline.

Last edited:
My favourite part was when he cleaned up Lever when he was about to take a mark resulting in a GC goal.

Who needs Joel Smith when May can do exactly the same. 👍

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yes it did, second quarter. Left him and OMac on the turf.

Not the truth. May has every right to go for that ball, lever is in a wrestle right as the ball is about to land. May takes out both of them and Omac gets a poke in the eye pushing his opponent under the ball
If anything Omac could have sagged back and covered the back door.

Screenshot_20200711-174316.png

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know the incident but I'm not sure lever would have marked it. Thought it was typical three dees go for the spoil /mark leaving king at ground level. (Which May is often involved in). I think he also punched oscar in the head.

Not the truth. May has every right to go for that ball, lever is in a wrestle right as the ball is about to land. May takes out both of them and Omac gets a poke in the eye pushing his opponent under the ball
If anything Omac could have sagged back and covered the back door.

View attachment 910644

Lever got two hands on it mate, look May's effort was fine, but If you're going to impact a contest though do just that. He did nothing but clean Lever up. Punch the ******* ball away.

Your May's biggest apologist right now. Needed someone to replace Jones I guess. 😜😜😜

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Lever got two hands on it mate, look May's effort was fine, but If you're going to impact a contest though do just that. He did nothing but clean Lever up. Punch the ******* ball away.

Your May's biggest apologist right now. Needed someone to replace Jones I guess. 😜😜😜
Lever also was in a bad position and looked like he wouldn't mark it. May went for the mark. I'm not criticizing defenders who go 3rd man in for marking and dropping it.

I was genuinely shocked to read all the s**t talking of his game. Thought he was very solid defensively as was Omac and Lever.

Lever also was in a bad position and looked like he wouldn't mark it. May went for the mark. I'm not criticizing defenders who go 3rd man in for marking and dropping it.

I was genuinely shocked to read all the sh*t talking of his game. Thought he was very solid defensively as was Omac and Lever.

Different standards for different players. Excuse me for holding higher hopes with May than I do OMac.

Being solid defensively doesn't cut it when you butcher the living s**t out of disposal like May did all too often. Omac's disposal was fine surprisingly.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Different standards for different players. Excuse me for holding higher hopes with May than I do OMac.

Being solid defensively doesn't cut it when you butcher the living sh*t out of disposal like May did all too often. Omac's disposal was fine surprisingly.
He shut Ben King out of the game who was the next coming of Jesus according to some on this board. That's his first job, his kicking was average to garbage but that happens kicking out of defence.

All of our talls did their job defensively.

He shut Ben King out of the game who was the next coming of Jesus according to some on this board. That's his first job, his kicking was average to garbage but that happens kicking out of defence.

All of our talls did their job defensively.

King also missed two gettable set shots. That always helps. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back