Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

chad-warner-of-the-swans-trains-during-a-sydney-swans-afl-training-picture-id1251467315

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies

This genuinely gives me goosebumps and a big smile every time I watch it. Obviously for Warner's supreme effort (shrugging off a chase-down tackle from Jack Graham is not something any player can do, let alone a 2nd year 19 year old) but the cheer from the Bloods in the crowd was something else. Watching them all go up behind the goals is beautiful.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
This genuinely gives me goosebumps and a big smile every time I watch it. Obviously for Warner's supreme effort (shrugging off a chase-down tackle from Jack Graham is not something any player can do, let alone a 2nd year 19 year old) but the cheer from the Bloods in the crowd was something else. Watching them all go up behind the goals is beautiful.

It ranks up there as one of my favorite non-finals highlights of all time. The classic out of the middle, then the young kid just taking it on and breaking a tackle that he didn’t even know was coming, before kicking it from 45. The sound of the crowd was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)
chad 01.jpg
chad 02.jpg

THE CHAD

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Corey Warner 17, 182cm, 74 kg

2020 Colts Final wrap-up

#3 Corey Warner
The younger brother of 2019 Swans draftee Chad Warner proved he is a great prospect for the 2021 draft, as the young midfielder was arguably best on ground in an impressive display, playing forward and on the wing. Playing most of the year with his school team Aquinas, he has come into the East Fremantle Colts team at a timely time and he was pivotal in their victory over West Perth. He set the scene early with a nice gather and snap goal and he just looked dangerous for the whole quarter, looking clean and sharp in the wet conditions. He played the rest of the first half with plenty of enthusiasm, moving the ball quickly and tackling hard. His best highlight, however, came in the third quarter when he executed a Dusty Martin-like don’t argue which was impressive for his size. He also laid a great tackle in the same quarter winning the free kick in defence. Warner was impressive with his skill, tenacity, and eagerness to get involved all day. He finished the game with 24 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Described in a draft thread i saw as being a mix between Chad and Will Day. I'd take that.

Back