Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both those situations just required the forward to run to the goal square and let the player with the ball keep running all the way in, draw the defender and handball over the top. Especially after Hunt ran 100m to put a block on for Harmes to allow this to happen. (My observation from the opposite wing)

So much this, that was our last chance to wrest back some momentum. We had limited opportunities in the last qtr but those that we did have we butchered badly.

Yeah neither had to kick the footy in that situation. It was trying to play 'team footy' too much

Pretty sure Harmes was having a pot shot at goal (again).

Sheesh, the people calling for calm and patience need to lose their grip and fly off the handle. I'd be very surprised if Hogan is still on an AFL list in two years. I think it'd be a good result for all concerned if we parted ways at the end of the year so he can better prepare for his upcoming stint on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here.

I feel bad for Jesse that he can't just go and enjoy himself without having 100 people filming him on snapchat behind his back every time he comes here to Perth. Still, I think the Demons sometimes give him too loose a leash when it comes to these trips. I swear I've seen him at every festival I've been to in the last 2 years. If you want to find the video search AFL trade rumours 2013 on facebook and its on their page.

I feel bad for Jesse that he can't just go and enjoy himself without having 100 people filming him on snapchat behind his back every time he comes here to Perth. Still, I think the Demons sometimes give him too loose a leash when it comes to these trips. I swear I've seen him at every festival I've been to in the last 2 years. If you want to find the video search AFL trade rumours 2013 on facebook and its on their page.

Welcome to the modern world where two out of every three punters on the street is carrying a camera / video recorder in their hip pocket. I agree that it's s**t, but it's only going to get worse. When do those Google Glasses things come out?

Hogan is better at ground level than Daniher, the only things Joey have over him are kicking distance and reach.
I would say smarts and game sense as well. But I acknowledge that it might be more our poor structure and/or execution of game plan that is just making Hogan appear less smart about things recently. Daniher I'd argue is a better mark and kick for goal, which are probably 2 of the top 3 or 4 criteria for comparing key forwards, right? Daniher better attitude that's for damn sure.

I would say smarts and game sense as well. But I acknowledge that it might be more our poor structure and/or execution of game plan that is just making Hogan appear less smart about things recently. Daniher I'd argue is a better mark and kick for goal, which are probably 2 of the top 3 or 4 criteria for comparing key forwards, right? Daniher better attitude that's for damn sure.

Surely not

Surely not

From 50+ he is, otherwise agreed, he's definitely a sprayer.

I do think he's got a bit more toe though. Seemed to wheel down the wing okay for an overgrown donkey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how most on here dont like anything bad being said about any of our players yet call for the same players being dropped every week or blaming umpires. Garry Lyon and Brown agreed with what we are saying. He needs to pull his finger out stop his sooking and play smarter

Mate - he played terribly.

But the reaction is stupid, he's a gun.

Mate - he played terribly.

But the reaction is stupid, he's a gun.
If you think Joe Daniher is a better set shot than Hogan you're delusional.
Alright alright ease up folks.

Maybe the Juice/Miller comment was a bit far, but if you actually read it I wasn't actually comparing them as players.

Regardless, I stand by my position - I no longer think he's as good as you all (and I used to) do.

Obviously one of those situations where I hope, really bloody hope, that I am proven wrong. But my objective view, based on the evidence to date (being his recent 18 month body of work), is that he doesn't have it in him to be a top 5 current KPF, let alone this once in a generation player we all thought we'd found.

Hopefully I'm off on this, it's happened before*.

*thought Toump would turn it around, right up until we sent him home.

Do yourselves a favour and check out the stats of the first 40 games of some of the recent great forwards careers, he's streets ahead. Not saying that it's a sure thing, but give the kid a chance, key forwards take time

He's also been training at AFL level for 5 years now

He's also been training at AFL level for 5 years now
The first of which was heavily managed, and the second near nonexistent with a back injury. 22 and played 44 games for 91 goals. I was spewing about him whinging to umpires instead of going the ball as much as anyone, but writing him off for it is over the top ... and we've had no shortage of that around these parts recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back