Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play better without him imo

This isn't even controversial anymore I've this opinion since last year. His positioning is do bad that it ruins our structure. He gets in Tmacs way and brings his man to the footy and then runs underneath it or wrestles his opponent and makes it easy to kill.

It is an absolute indictment that within a month of going forward Tmac looked a more complete forward. Hogan must go into defence next year, it's time.

A different forward set-up with Petracca and TMac permanent forwards might be the tonic we need to get over a good side. Not sure if Weideman and his 9 touches 1 shot at goal is needed TBH.

A different forward set-up with Petracca and TMac permanent forwards might be the tonic we need to get over a good side. Not sure if Weideman and his 9 touches 1 shot at goal is needed TBH.
Agreed. Use the Richmond model: if you don't have 2 gun tall forwards, just play 1 and use smaller guys who can play.

I have been hoping we'd play Trac deep and try and isolate him for a while. It can be hard to do as he isn't 6'6 and can mark in a pack but if other clubs like Geelong and Richmond can isolate Danger/Dusty and get them 1on1 chances we should be able to as well.

i'm not sure if that's a good idea. McGovern, Barrass, Shepperd and Hurn are all great intercept markers and will probably kill us in the air if that happens.

i'm not sure if that's a good idea. McGovern, Barrass, Shepperd and Hurn are all great intercept markers and will probably kill us in the air if that happens.
Although I've just about given up hope of it happening ... but with 4 quality intercept players down there, only having 1 conventional tall may finally prompt us to stop blindly going inside 50.

Props to the club for giving it to us straight this time... nice change from the usual "should be right next week, four to six, no dramas" etc.

Yeah I hear you. In this particularly instance though Hogan claims he hurt his foot in the second quarter, yet he played out the game after coming off the field. Perhaps not a wise move.

I didn't make a comment on Misson then, but having said that I'm pretty disillusioned with him; we seem to have way more stress injuries than any other club and the medical department are woefully inaccurate when evaluating how long a player will be out for.
Ditto. It’s not the stress injuries alone but the volume of them, the niggly soft tissue injuries & the fact that collectively we seem to literally hobble to the finish line of every ******* season during his tenure.

Hasn't been able to run properly for half the season. Not sure if it's on Hogan himself for not reporting that difficulty he's in, the medical staff for not picking it up or even the coaches who clearly knew that something wasn't quite right because he's been playing much less midfield, but I don't really buy that it's something that has just appeared out of the blue on the weekend. Even if it was a different leg injury that he was 'managing', the chances of playing through that being connected to the supposedly new navicular injury seem pretty high to me.

Having never been on the shelf for an extended period of time, what would be the worst injury to have

• Stress fractures in the Foot
  • Hamstring
  • Torn/Ruptured Achilles
  • Plantar fascia
  • ACL
Have any of you on here that play/played football ever been beset with a sports injury that just wouldn't leave you alone

Having never been on the shelf for an extended period of time, what would be the worst injury to have

• Hamstring
  • Torn/Ruptured Achilles
  • Plantar fascia
  • ACL
Have any of you on here that play/played football ever been beset with a sports injury that just wouldn't leave you alone
I’ve had stress fractures, it’s a killer. Ruins your whole leg really, and your back. Being ‘off legs’ is really vital for treatment

I’ve had stress fractures, it’s a killer. Ruins your whole leg really, and your back. Being ‘off legs’ is really vital for treatment
I would feel for Alex Johnson.
5th ACL. I wince a little watching Petrecca or Gawn hit contests sometimes

• Hamstring
  • Torn/Ruptured Achilles
  • Plantar fascia
  • ACL
Plantar fasciitis that just won’t go away.

Imagine the arch of your foot feeling tight, and every time you take a step it strains. It’s hell. Only solution is muscle buildup and a shitload of physio, or surgery.

My days end with my feet in heat packs or ice packs depending on the season. And I work an office job. Was way worse when I was in retail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plantar fasciitis that just won’t go away
My days end with my feet in heat packs or ice packs depending on the season. And I work an office job. Was way worse when I was in retail.

You have/had the Plantar Fascitis? Same as JV?

but with 4 quality intercept players down there, only having 1 conventional tall may finally prompt us to stop blindly going inside 50.

tenor.gif

That sucks for Hogan, he's had a s**t run.
Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

Agreed mate
Poor Jessie, had a really bad run in his career.
2 year Back issue, cancer in the nuts, his dad died, and a shoulder last year

Now the worst foot injury.

Best of luck too him i hope he rebounds well

The mans a gun, maybe kept playing knowing he wasn't right because he loves playing for Melbourne, hope he's back sooner than later.

It's horrid, he needs a forward coach so badly.

I genuinely believe we are a better chance of winning games without him such is how much he disrupts our forward connections and set ups.

His forward craft is genuinely bad, watch him closely when the ball is in the forward half.
Come on guys, this was a little OTT. There was/is clearly something going on, he’s not just a terrible forward.

The problem is, there’s always something going on with Jesse.

• Hamstring
  • Torn/Ruptured Achilles
  • Plantar fascia
  • ACL

Had a stress fracture in my back and wouldnt wish that on anyone.

Come on guys, this was a little OTT. There was/is clearly something going on, he’s not just a terrible forward.

The problem is, there’s always something going on with Jesse.

Maybe bad taste with his injury, watched him on talking footy an he couldn't have sounded any more comfortable living in Melbourne. If managed properly he can be back for rd 1 next year.

Maybe bad taste with his injury, watched him on talking footy an he couldn't have sounded any more comfortable living in Melbourne. If managed properly he can be back for rd 1 next year.
I still think there’s something else he needs - he could benefit from some good dedicated forward coaching. It’s not just the foot.

torn achilles means you cant walk or use your leg for 6 months

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

torn achilles means you cant walk or use your leg for 6 months

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A bloke i play footy with did his Achilles 4 weeks ago, it was so bad the force of the snap actually fracture his heel bone, it is a 12-18 month injury. I feel like anything to do with stress related-feet is worse, you'd almost rather an ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back