Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn’t a bright move. Did he get a suspension for that? He must have been suffering from Essendementia.
I think it folded into the 12 months for a lost spreadsheet

That wasn’t a bright move. Did he get a suspension for that? He must have been suffering from Essendementia.
He got weeks for it, but St Kilda called them off because he copped the 12 months :rolleyes:. Proceeded to have seven kicked on him by Hogan in round one because he could barely move.

Completely agree. I would be sacking any player who refuses to cheat for the club. Do they think they're going to win close games through skill and composure? I laugh.
Diving is probably in its own category as a blight on the game and I know your comment is tongue in cheek but some clubs seem to coach techniques to win frees, with effect. Mostly shoulder shrugs, and lundging forward to earn a push in the back. See Shuey v Port.

Seems that Jakey Carlisle and the word "Stupid" get associated quite a lot.

Didnt he do something really stupid back before he arrived at Morabin?
I know a dude that knows him and says he’s not too bright. He was also apparently a bit of a loner at EFC - not one of the boys - but I don’t know if that is stupid as such.

I know a dude that knows him and says he’s not too bright. He was also apparently a bit of a loner at EFC - not one of the boys - but I don’t know if that is stupid as such.
He has four sisters.

In my experience guys who are brought up around girls tend to be a bit different around other guys

He has an ambigram tattoo of "mother" and "Darlene" on his arm, "Carlisle" on the right side of his back and his sisters names, "Erin 85"(his favourite sister), "Shelley 88", "Tiffany 90" and "Mel 96" on his left ribcage.
Above is from wikipedia

He has four sisters.

In my experience guys who are brought up around girls tend to be a bit different around other guys

Above is from wikipedia

He sounds different, alright. Apologies if he's preparing for early dementia and wants to be able to remember his sisters' names and ages.

He sounds different, alright. Apologies if he's preparing for early dementia and wants to be able to remember his sisters' names and ages.
Liked because I think the tattoo family rollcall is exceptionally odd as well and didn’t want to leave you as Robinson Crusoe on that one

Yep, saw Hoges go straight to Weeds a couple of times after a goal - love it

Happy Supportive Hoges is much more preferable to Sulky Selfish Hoges
I guess it is easier to be happy when you are almost averaging 20 & 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that type stuff is great to hear. Shows he has leadership qualities too, despite sometimes appearing a bit stroppy on field.
Also shows why you don’t trade Weid for a second rounder for mine, or write him off. These kinds of relationships make footy clubs, and this mentorship has long term payoffs that take a bit longer to translate into results but will be worthwhile

I never worried about his sooky behaviour, wish he didn't look at the umpire as much early days but he was always just really hard on himself. He's really playing well this season.
I feel like I can take him more seriously now bc he can actually kick over a tin can. Was a serious concern

Hulk is a very good field kick, which is important considering how much footy he is winning on the HHF/wing.

Strange how suddenly he has gained 10-15m in his kicking. Up until this year I wasn’t sure if he’d make the distance from 40m out, now he can kick 50+.
Might just be long term fitness. No more back issues/groin issues would surely give you extra legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back