New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
BOAK%20Travis.png

Height: 183 cm

Weight: 83 kg

Date of Birth: 1st August 1988

Nickname: Trav, The Love Boak

Twitter Handle: travisboak10

Position: Midfielder

Recruited From: Geelong U18 (2006 National Draft Pick #5)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 177 (81 wins, 1 draw, 95 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2015): 106

For more career stats click here

Honours:
  • 2007 AFL Rising Star Nominee
  • 2008 PAFC Most Improved Player
  • 2009 PAFC Gavin Wangeneen Medal (Best Player Under 21)
  • 2011 PAFC John Cahill Medal (B&F)
  • 2012 PAFC Vice-Captain
  • 2013-current PAFC Captain
  • 2013, 2014 AFL All Australian
  • 2013, 2014, 2015 PAFC Fos Williams Medal
  • 2013, 2014 PAFC 2nd B&F
More info on Travis Boak:
Our captain had another good year in 2015, albeit not displaying quite the same level of consistency as he had in his 2013 and 2014 All Australian seasons. As always, the captain was often at his best in close games at precisely the moment the team needed a lift. He led a midfield inspired turn around after a slow start against Melbourne in Alice Springs, was one of few who could hold his head high in the embarrassing defeat to Carlton and was best on ground against Essendon in a late season shoot out. He also picked up 33 disposals and a goal in the first Showdown before backing up with 32 disposals and two goals in the second Showdown, once again proving his credentials as a big game player.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:

How will he go DT wise this year? i am looking for a midfielder under 290 k and am serioulsy considering him, good idea?

Is it Boak's time to stamp his authority on the game in '09? He was very solid as a 2nd year player but i'm interested to see how he fits in with the current midfield. Port seem to have a plethora of midfielders to choose from, wondering where Boak fits in with all that and what his prospects are for 2009. Cheers.

25 NAB Cup players to watch

Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)
Port passed on eventual NAB Rising Star Joel Selwood to take Boak fifth overall in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft, but the club has been delighted by the progress of its young gun. He is likely to spend more time in the engine room this year, where Port fans hope his undoubted class will shine through as he takes his game to the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak currently at $101 on Sporting Bet to win the Brownlow im not a punter but I think im gonna put a bit of my hard earned on that :)

great odds considering he came top 10 in 2010, and his last three games polled very well. Another positive is that their will not be many other players to take votes off him

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/boak-relishes-leadership-role/story-e6freco3-1226268251826

IN THE parallel universe of SA football, Travis Boak is to Port Adelaide what Patrick Dangerfield is to the rival Crows.

The Victorian is out of contract. He is a priority target of new AFL franchise Greater Western Sydney and Boak, as with Dangerfield at Adelaide, has suddenly been added to an AFL club's leadership group.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/boak-relishes-leadership-role/story-e6freco3-1226268251826

#10 TRAVIS BOAK

23 / 183 / 83

232820.jpg

VOTES:
BigFooty: 175 (2nd)
Port: 13 (=1st)
Macca19: 84 (2nd)

AFL Stats:
Games: 21
Disposals: 458
Disposal Efficiency: 66.5
Marks: 76
Contested Marks: 6
Clearances: 79
Tackles: 98
Inside50: 85
Rebound50: 29
Contested Possession: 212
Goals: 12
Goal Assists: 15
Best Players: 14

Notes:
* 1st Disposals
* 7th Marks
* 1st Clearances
* 3rd Tackles
* 1st inside 50s
* 2nd Contested Possessions
* 5th Goals
* 2nd Goal Assists

Travis had a fine year in 2011 and was the clubs best and most consistent midfielder throughout the season. He capped off the year with his 1st club Best and Fairest award, tying with Jackson Trengove as well as his second consecutive placing in the BigFooty Port Adelaide Player of the Year. He scored votes in 14 matches throughout the year and was consistent in his ability to win the ball and deliver it into the forward 50.

Statistically his year was slightly behind that of 2010, but given the clubs misfortunes throughout the year and his lack of real support then this can be somewhat explained. 1st in Disposals, Clearances and Inside 50s show his importance to the team, whilst 2nd in Goal Assists and 5th in Goals show his creativity inside the forward 50.

His best run of games came in the middle of the season where he picked up more than half his votes in a 5 week period from Rounds 8-13. His best game came against West Coast in Round 13 where he picked up 24 disposals and 3 goals in a performance reminiscent of his best from 2010. He was great in the win against Richmond with 23 disposals and a goal and was also rated best on ground in Round 20 against Collingwood.

Travis can still improve his output. He has the attributes to push into the top echelon of midfielders – Strong over the ball, able to get first hands on it at stoppages, capable of dodging out of trouble and can deliver the ball expertly to the forwards. But, its hard to see him pushing further up the AFLs ranks without more midfield support. Travis screams leadership potential and he will no doubt be a chance at leading our club in a few years time.

2uhtmv9.jpg

Previous History
2007 – 20th
2008 – 14th
2009 – 6th
2010 – 3rd

Boak preparing for 2012 season.

Stronger Port Adelaide midfielder Travis Boak ready to mix it with big boys
by: Andrew Capel
March 09, 2012 11:30PM

link

402043-travis-boak.jpg

A BEEFED-up Travis Boak says he is ready to match it with the AFL's big boys.

Pushed around at stoppages last year and bullied by taggers, Boak has added 2.5kg of muscle to his 183cm frame in a bid to make the leap from club champion to regular matchwinner for Port Adelaide.

The 23-year-old has set his sights on emulating the game-breaking feats of All-Australians Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Marc Murphy (Carlton) and Joel Selwood (Geelong).

link

Boak talks of his loyalty and desire to captain Port.

Port boosted by Travis Boak's pledge
by: Andrew Capel
March 07, 2012 11:00PM

link

A vice-captain this year, Boak says he would love to skipper the club when good mate Dom Cassisi passes the baton.

"When I came to the club I never saw myself as a big leader but I've learnt so much here from people like Dom, (coach) Matty Primus, Choco (previous coach Mark Williams) and (former captain) Warren Tredrea and I love leading now," he said.

"To be given the chance to captain Port would be fantastic."

link

I've been working at the Womens and Childrens hospital lately and have seen Travis there twice in the last few weeks. In his Port gear which I'm hoping means he isn't there to visit but taking personal time out to go down and spend some time with the kids. He obviously doesn't shout from the roof tops that he does it, so it's great to see first hand.

I've been working at the Womens and Childrens hospital lately and have seen Travis there twice in the last few weeks. In his Port gear which I'm hoping means he isn't there to visit but taking personal time out to go down and spend some time with the kids. He obviously doesn't shout from the roof tops that he does it, so it's great to see first hand.

And less than a week later...

Awesome work Travis and Jackson!

Originally posted by Macca19

2nd #10 TRAVIS BOAK

205 Votes

264609.jpg

VOTES:
BigFooty: 205 (2nd)
Port: 12 (8th)
Toots: 18 (17th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 18
Disposals: 425
Marks: 47
Contested Marks: 2
Clearances: 87
Tackles: 66
Inside50: 98
Rebound50: 23
Contested Possession: 193
Goals: 9
Goal Assists: 11
Best Players: 13

Notes:
Travis struggled with a foot injury throughout 2012, but despite this, had an excellent year playing predominantly in an inside role. Despite underwhelming through the first part of the season, Travis really came alive in the second half of the year, ending up with 5 BOG performances from 13 times making the best players. The club signed Travis for another two years during the year, making him one of the key players and onfield leaders for Ken Hinkleys start at the club. This is the 5th time that Travis has finished runner up in a BigFooty Port Board award.

· 2007 Runner Up Young Gun of the Year
· 2008 Runner Up Young Gun of the Year
· 2009 Runner Up Young Gun of the Year
· 2011 Runner Up Player of the Year
· 2012 Runner Up Player of the Year

boak.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back