#1 Travis Boak (Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak named the 69th captain of the PAFC

Link

Boak to lead new era at Port Adelaide

leadership_620X370.jpg

Travis Boak has been appointed captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club from the 2013 AFL season, with fellow midfielder Brad Ebert named vice-captain.

Boak takes up the role filled by Dom Cassisi for the past four seasons.

The 24-year-old – who served as vice-captain to Cassisi in 2012 after being appointed to the leadership group in 2011 – becomes the 69th captain in Port Adelaide’s history and its fifth at AFL level.

“It’s a great honour to be captain of this great club and have the opportunity to play a role that so many outstanding players have filled in the past,” Boak said.

Link

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
My boy Travie Boak stepping up and taking Port Adelaide to the promised land. Apparently his Dad was a great leader and a big member of the community down in Geelong, hopefully those qualities are generic and we have two of the Greatest leaders this club has even seen!

Travis has become an ambassador of the Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation:

Link

Travis and Roger kick in for kids

Port Adelaide captain Travis Boak believes sport is an essential part of growing up and he’s committed to making sure all children get that opportunity.

The 24-year-old has become an ambassador to a unique foundation established by international tennis coach and passionate Port Adelaide supporter Roger Rasheed.

The Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation aims to ensure sporting opportunities exist for underprivileged youngsters in extremely disadvantaged metropolitan, regional and rural communities.

Link

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
An interesting read on Boak's drafting and his current outlook on his spot at Port Adelaide

Link
''I probably changed my mind six or seven times and we were on the phone constantly, but mum would only say what she always says and that's that she only wants what's best for me. I just realised that going through so many hard times at the club I didn't want to leave when we were down. I love the club. I love my teammates and I love the culture. They're family to me now. I couldn't leave them.''
Link

Tredders is aboard the Boak Express

Why Travis Boak is a natural as Port Adelaide captain
697677-travis-boak.jpg

TRAVIS Boak is a superstar - that's what the football world will be saying before the end of the season.

When Port Adelaide appointed the 24-year-old Torquay product as captain to replace veteran Dom Cassisi the inevitable question was asked: Would the pressures that come with the captaincy see him flourish or wilt?
That question has quickly been answered. In the first three rounds, Boak has taken his game to the next level. Only key forward Justin Westhoff can lay claim to being as influential in the Power's 3-0 start to the year.
Why Travis Boak is a natural as Port Adelaide captain

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wasn't aware of Boak's OP. Anyone know when, how severe and if it is still a chance to flare up again? I know these things can often be pretty persistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

article written by Ben Mitchell, a port fan ... was done after our 5 wins!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/05/14/travis-boak-flying-under-the-brownlow-radar/

Travis Boak flying under the Brownlow radar

By Ben Mitchell, 14 May 2013

There is no doubt that Travis Boak has flourished in his new captaincy role. He has been a standout player for the Port Adelaide Power in 2013.
Stats such as averaging 27 disposals and a goal per game is evidence that he has improved.
Other than Chad Wingard, he is arguably Port’s most improved player this far into the season.
He is also second place in the AFLCA leader board, equal with Hamish Hartlett and behind Jobe Watson in the standings.
He has been one of Port Adelaide’s best players since he was drafted in 2006 but since his game has stepped up a level it asks the question, is Travis Boak a Brownlow contender?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/05/14/travis-boak-flying-under-the-brownlow-radar/

Traveling_Power

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
good luck to Boaky for the 2014 season ..

and for those that are interested at the start of the season he was $41 to 1 for the brownlow (so it could be worth a few dollars for a win or place)

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bumping this thread to acknowledge our Captain's brilliant efforts on Sunday.
Saw Trav with his Mum at the Norwood game. Not only a top Captain but a brilliant bloke too.

He's a brief paraphrase of Ken's eloquent thoughts on Travis from the after-match presser:

"He's a big time captain.....one of the best captains in the competition....perhaps nearly as good as any of them."

Very happy to select Boaky as my buddy for 2015!

Expect him to continue on as clearance king.

Will be a chance to hold up the silverware in October!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back