Player Watch #10 ‘Grand’ Angus Brayshaw - 3rd in the Brownlow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I thought his kicking was pretty piss poor again. Also needs to work on his defensive running as a few times I noticed he stood still when WC won the ball.

In saying that would have taken him as this player 100x over 12 months ago. Reckon he is every bit as tough as Viney with his head over the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Texans
I thought his kicking was pretty piss poor again. Also needs to work on his defensive running as a few times I noticed he stood still when WC won the ball.

In saying that would have taken him as this player 100x over 12 months ago. Reckon he is every bit as tough as Viney with his head over the footy.
He has a TJ habit of some lazy kicks.

At least he cracks in though

Tulip

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Needs to work on beating tags and needs to neaten up his kicking (technically very good on both sides, but has to stop thumping it forward), but he's a decent chance to win a Brownlow in his time.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Its a goldmine

Also agree with Tempy Tiger . Brayshaw looks cooked as a footballer, he just doesnt have any attributes about him on field that says he will be better than a battler. Looks like Trenners when he came back into the side, slow in everything he does.
His absolute lack of pace costs us in the midfield. We can carry maybe him if he is using it well but can't carry him with Oliver Tyson ANB and Co. All the same pace.

Plus he fumbles the ball a shit load. Puts himself under pressure a lot because he never gathers clean.
Not advocating putting anyone on the trade table, I'm saying if one of the WA clubs is stupid enough to offer a first rounder at the end of the year I'd bite their hands off. Guys slower than treacle and I think it'll be a problem for him in the future

Top Bottom