Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
26 disposals and 2 goals from Brayshaw in the scorps practice game today. I was there and despite Casey having a typically miserable day, this guy was an absolute highlight. he is a ferocious beast at the man and the footy and is just class. I'm not saying he played like Ollie wines.... But he played like Ollie Wines.

That's 3 strong Casey performances from him, iv seen enough, get him in the seniors rd 1, cause he's ready to go.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
haha...Grand Angus...:D

Good to know we got something immediately usable out of our first round draft picks. He's going to need to be an Ollie Wines to get us moving up the ladder. I still shake my head every time I think of Ollie Wines. Just can't get over what a blunder that was.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
haha...Grand Angus...:D

Good to know we got something immediately usable out of our first round draft picks. He's going to need to be an Ollie Wines to get us moving up the ladder. I still shake my head every time I think of Ollie Wines. Just can't get over what a blunder that was.

Having brayshaw in our list is the universe correcting itself. An almighty blunder though that was you are correct

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
26 disposals and 2 goals from Brayshaw in the scorps practice game today. I was there and despite Casey having a typically miserable day, this guy was an absolute highlight. he is a ferocious beast at the man and the footy and is just class. I'm not saying he played like Ollie wines.... But he played like Ollie Wines.

That's 3 strong Casey performances from him, iv seen enough, get him in the seniors rd 1, cause he's ready to go.
How did the other listed guys go Stabler?

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
How did the other listed guys go Stabler?

Thought Dean Kent was probably the next best. Though he sprayed some shots on goal, his field kicking was sublime, and it looks like he has the body to run through the midfield now too. JKH kicked a beautiful checkside near me was a highlight. Other than that, it was a fairly underwhelming game from a lot of the Melbourne senior players. Apparently viv michie got a number of posessions though I didn't notice him much, and wouldn't be giving him a call up any time soon.

Brayshaw deserves to play round 1 on today's performance alone

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well happy days then. Slot Brayshaw and Kent in and bumrush Bail and M.Jones out. Hopefully they give Brayshaw a run as sub then at least, sounds like he'd be pretty dynamic in that role plus it would allow him to be gently eased into it instead of being fed to the wolves a la Jack Watts.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thought Dean Kent was probably the next best. Though he sprayed some shots on goal, his field kicking was sublime, and it looks like he has the body to run through the midfield now too. JKH kicked a beautiful checkside near me was a highlight. Other than that, it was a fairly underwhelming game from a lot of the Melbourne senior players. Apparently viv michie got a number of posessions though I didn't notice him much, and wouldn't be giving him a call up any time soon.

Brayshaw deserves to play round 1 on today's performance alone
How did Bernie Vince go? What about Pencil? So Casey are still s**t hey... I thought they'd go alright this year.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Forgot to add, Vince got through the game as well. will probably play rd 1 as he's too good to leave out, even if underdone.

My ins for rd 1 are Brayshaw, Kent and Vince. Think vanders will have another week at Casey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Forgot to add, Vince got through the game as well. will probably play rd 1 as he's too good to leave out, even if underdone.

My ins for rd 1 are Brayshaw, Kent and Vince. Think vanders will have another week at Casey
Vandenberg played today?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Didnt think he was gonna play round 1 and I still have a feeling they will go with experience for the first game , but sheesh he is doing everything you ask for of a kid at VFL level

Again, its mental to me that none of our draftees could line up round 1 , 3 Years ago they would have been our 5 most important players and the saviours of our club

The mindset change has been very good by club

Black Dynamite

Team Captain
Nov 26, 2011
Casey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC , Boston Red Sox
I love Dean Kent and the way he goes about his footy but he didn't do enough yesterday.
Dropped a lot of marks on the lead and his kicking was ordinary, looked like a bloke who needs a couple more runs to regain touch.
Brayshaw, Michie, Vandenburg probably the three who put their hands up highest, interesting to see what they do with Vince.
Bernie would seem to have got through the game well but looks underdone, maybe a sub.

JC Hawks

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, sorry for intruding but I'd just like to ask about Brayshaw as a supercoach prospect. If he gets picked will he be sub?

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Brayshaw is not really that young for a draftee. He's 19 y/o. He was nearly eligible for the 2013 draft. He is a big kid and has sustained form at VFL level behind him. If we play any of Jones/Bail/McKenzie ahead of him, then we are possibly hindering our chances of beating the Suns. He's ready.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah yeah Jones and Bail are s**t, people realise that Brayshaw wont replace them, Brayshaw is an inside Midfielder

He will replace someone like Mckenzie, Because we still need the run of Jones and Bail even tho they couldnt kick the dirt

Blokes like Stretch, Kent etc will come in and replace them , maybe even a Vanders who looks a good athlete

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Yeah yeah Jones and Bail are s**t, people realise that Brayshaw wont replace them, Brayshaw is an inside Midfielder

He will replace someone like Mckenzie, Because we still need the run of Jones and Bail even tho they couldnt kick the dirt

Blokes like Stretch, Kent etc will come in and replace them , maybe even a Vanders who looks a good athlete

Brayshaw can run as well, he could easily replace them.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Brayshaw can run as well, he could easily replace them.

He is an inside midfielder, im sure Bail and Jones are being picked for balance or else Michie would be playing instead of them
Brayshaw will come into the side early but I wont be surprised if its not at the expense of those 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back