Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
The best parts of his game are already great, he just needs the next 20-40 games of experience to iron out the mistakes.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I thought his kicking was pretty piss poor again. Also needs to work on his defensive running as a few times I noticed he stood still when WC won the ball.

In saying that would have taken him as this player 100x over 12 months ago. Reckon he is every bit as tough as Viney with his head over the footy.

I thought his kicking was pretty piss poor again. Also needs to work on his defensive running as a few times I noticed he stood still when WC won the ball.

In saying that would have taken him as this player 100x over 12 months ago. Reckon he is every bit as tough as Viney with his head over the footy.

He has a TJ habit of some lazy kicks.

At least he cracks in though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Outright third in the Brownlow. Crazy considering he was playing VFL at the start of the year...

Needs to work on beating tags and needs to neaten up his kicking (technically very good on both sides, but has to stop thumping it forward), but he's a decent chance to win a Brownlow in his time.

Its a goldmine

Also agree with Tempy Tiger . Brayshaw looks cooked as a footballer, he just doesnt have any attributes about him on field that says he will be better than a battler. Looks like Trenners when he came back into the side, slow in everything he does.

His absolute lack of pace costs us in the midfield. We can carry maybe him if he is using it well but can't carry him with Oliver Tyson ANB and Co. All the same pace.

Plus he fumbles the ball a s**t load. Puts himself under pressure a lot because he never gathers clean.

Not advocating putting anyone on the trade table, I'm saying if one of the WA clubs is stupid enough to offer a first rounder at the end of the year I'd bite their hands off. Guys slower than treacle and I think it'll be a problem for him in the future

I'm sorry 'Harmes is the the worst kick I've ever seen'

Or Bailey Fritsch ' I just don't see it'

Let's not pretend your prediction s**t doesn't smell mate.
I see you're taking it well :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back