Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

He is an inside midfielder, im sure Bail and Jones are being picked for balance or else Michie would be playing instead of them
Brayshaw will come into the side early but I wont be surprised if its not at the expense of those 2

He's not solely an inside midfielder.

He recorded a 2.81 seconds 20m sprint time.

Jack Watts recorded the 3rd fastest in draft camp history (at the time) at 2.82 and Stephen Hill recorded 2.83 seconds.

Angus has pace.

Jack Watts recorded the 3rd fastest in draft camp history (at the time) at 2.82 and Stephen Hill recorded 2.83 seconds.

Angus has pace.

Wow, nice stat. Kid can run.

Angus has pace.

Did he really? That I did not know

Never mind then, * off Bail and Jones for Brayshaw

Did he really? That I did not know

Never mind then, **** off Bail and Jones for Brayshaw

It is surprising given that what you see of him is generally of him in congestion situations but make no mistake if Viney, Cross or Jones are feeding the ball out and Brayshaw has a bit of space then he's off and not many people will catch him.

It is surprising given that what you see of him is generally of him in congestion situations but make no mistake if Viney, Cross or Jones are feeding the ball out and Brayshaw has a bit of space then he's off and not many people will catch him.

All of his highlights for the draft showed him contested and then I guess the Selwood comparisons had me thinking he was average paced

Im a little more excited now, Because Viney and Brayshaw are tough as nails but both have good legspeed aswell, difficult match ups in the future

If Brayshaw replaces Bail or Matt Jones, doesn't mean he has to play their role. He can play inside and give the likes of Vince, Jones and Tyson a bit more time outside. If Brayshaw is a neat kick on both sides of his body then he's got two more weapons than the other guys are bringing to the table so he can probably do a better job on the outside as well.

Angus has pace.
It's not about pace asich as endurance.

But I agree with you, I reckon he could play ouside - he has beautiful disposal and off both feet so it'd be a waste having him at the bottoms of packs - and he could and should replace any of Bail, Jones or McKenzie in round one based on his VFL form, imo. In fact, he could replace both of Jones and McKenzie.

If Brayshaw replaces Bail or Matt Jones, doesn't mean he has to play their role. He can play inside and give the likes of Vince, Jones and Tyson a bit more time outside. If Brayshaw is a neat kick on both sides of his body then he's got two more weapons than the other guys are bringing to the table so he can probably do a better job on the outside as well.
We have to play Angus ahead of Bail, M Jones & Mckenzie

It's not about pace asich as endurance.

But I agree with you, I reckon he could play ouside - he has beautiful disposal and off both feet so it'd be a waste having him at the bottoms of packs - and he could and should replace any of Bail, Jones or McKenzie in round one based on his VFL form, imo. In fact, he could replace both of Jones and McKenzie.

Look a few posts after that one.

:p

10 reasons why Angus should play Rd. 1 (by stabler):

1. His form in the VFL warrants it
2. There are spots up for grabs in the senior side; particularly after an unacceptable loss to essendon in the previous game.
3. He is a mature young man who has already turned 19 and is ready for the big stage
4. The first two games are against similarly younger aged teams in gold coast and gws.
5. It will take some of the pressure/focus off of Jesse's debut.
6. Him and Jack viney in the same team will cause headaches for opponents (literally - see Tom Lynch)
7. He kicks goals - something Melbourne is scared of doing
8. He is a ball magnet, even against men. See his game against senior hawthorn players in the VFL praccy match vs box hill
9. his debut might drag a few extra in for our home game
10. finally, and most simply - he adds to our team. He is actually a better player already than at least 3 of our players currently getting a run in the seniors (and I'm being generous to the senior team here). He's an out and out gun and will have the same impact in his first game as Ollie wines and Jack viney did in our rd 1 game 2 years ago (with hopefully a different result for the MFC!)

You know you want to Roosy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nab rising star nominee round 1 - Angus mutha****ing brayshaw
Likely to start as the sub. If he gets a full game, he'll have to outdo the outstanding performances by Kamdyn McIntosh and Jesse Hogan.

My source informed me that Angus is beyond reproach and that he never went anywhere near his mother...

Plenty of utha muthas out there, brutha.

Noticed the new Avatar and signature. However i do have to say... why?

Brayshaw was picked in the round 1 side. TSH bet that Brayshaw and Petracca would be in, revised to Brayshaw after Petracca went down and so D16 has to have this avatar / signature combination for ... a week? A month? I can't remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back