Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

You need to stop strawmanning every time someone criticises a player. Everyone is stoked Gus is back fit and playing fairly well but his kicking is a serious problem atm.
I just think some of the criticism is way, way over the top.

Examples please
If he turns the ball over in the middle of the ground one more ******* time i'll ask for him to be dropped.

Wasn't his disposal efficiency one of his strengths when he got drafted? I'm glad he's finding the footy, but he's fast turning into another Dom Tyson with his turnovers..

He just seems to be so lazy and complacent.

Brayshaw 5.7 turnovers a game from 26 at 68%
Petracca 4.6 from 20 a game at 67%
Tyson 4.4 from 20 at 72%
not having a go at him reckon he'll only get better but is the highest ave turnovers of anybody who played on the weekend obviously gets more ball than most.
Thought it could be a fatigue thing could still be but besides Tyson(85minutes) Brayshaw played the least amount of time 92 minutes. Surprisingly Salem played equal 2nd (JSmith) TOG 110minutes (OMac 1st 125minutes)

His field kicking / decision making needs work but otherwise is becoming a fine player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has gone from being a chance to never play again to one of the better midfielders going around when on song. Still only in his fourth year - if he keeps this form up he'll be an AA chance next season

Yeah
I have no doubt he’ll re-sign with the Dees, just a matter of time. No inside info or anything but I’m certainly not worried.
Yeah I think it'd be a surprise for him not to sign. His management have certainly done the right thing by waiting though..

Fantastic player. All and any criticism completely unjustified. Anyone feeling the urge to criticize should take their negativity to the Jesse Hogan thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back