Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

People’s reactions here are childish he’s a slow burn and what ever is best for him going towards the future is all that matters.

He’s up in the GC with the boys possibly a late call up or travelling with them. A year ago we would all be happy with that progression let alone anything else.

People’s reactions here are childish he’s a slow burn and what ever is best for him going towards the future is all that matters.

He’s up in the GC with the boys possibly a late call up or travelling with them. A year ago we would all be happy with that progression let alone anything else.
So you’re saying on top of everything else, he is a toolie? Great.

Out of everyone francis would benefit the most from repeat games to help develop continuity and form , it would be inexcusable to fly him over to the coast for him to watch from the sidelines when he could be furthering himself in the vfl, it'll be very disappointing if be doesnt play

All well and good but he himself has to put his hand up to play. Who knows when that time is but it is not simply the coaches selecting him. Aaron himself given the issues he has had has to tell them he is now ready to play at the next level and be able to handle the pressure. He will get picked when both sides are ready.
Happy to accept this as true but would being the travelling emergency for this game not suggest that he has put his hand up to play?

Since round 5 we have played a seven man defence. A four talls defence usually consists of Hooker, Hurley, Goddard and Ambrose. Ambrose is injured.

The only other talls still available to play are Ridley, Francis and Hartley. Hartley is 198cm and would make us very tall in defence. Ridley and Francis were both emergencies this week.

Francis has fitness issues. Last year they managed that by giving him a game, then a rest and then another game. Playing a game off the back of a rest week seems to be part of the approach to managing this issue.

Francis has played 10 VFL games this year, mixed in with two VFL byes and this week's rest. This includes a block of six games between the two bye rounds. There are six rounds left this year.

The last of those six games was the first week he was finally named as an emergency, which I think implies that he was playing well enough to play a full game at AFL level... sort of an encouragement award.

I begin to suspect that this week's rest may be setting Francis up for an extended block at AFL level - perhaps the last six rounds of the AFL season, while Ambrose is injured?

Since round 5 we have played a seven man defence. A four talls defence usually consists of Hooker, Hurley, Goddard and Ambrose. Ambrose is injured.

The only other talls still available to play are Ridley, Francis and Hartley. Hartley is 198cm and would make us very tall in defence. Ridley and Francis were both emergencies this week.

Francis has fitness issues. Last year they managed that by giving him a game, then a rest and then another game. Playing a game off the back of a rest week seems to be part of the approach to managing this issue.

Francis has played 10 VFL games this year, mixed in with two VFL byes and this week's rest. This includes a block of six games between the two bye rounds. There are six rounds left this year.

The last of those six games was the first week he was finally named as an emergency, which I think implies that he was playing well enough to play a full game at AFL level... sort of an encouragement award.

I begin to suspect that this week's rest may be setting Francis up for an extended block at AFL level - perhaps the last six rounds of the AFL season, while Ambrose is injured?
Don't do this to me. I've been hurt before.

All well and good but he himself has to put his hand up to play. Who knows when that time is but it is not simply the coaches selecting him. Aaron himself given the issues he has had has to tell them he is now ready to play at the next level and be able to handle the pressure. He will get picked when both sides are ready.

This has so much Jimmy Chitwood in Hoosiers potential.

Rollin: What can I do for you, Jimmy?
Jimmy Chitwood: I got something to say.
Rollin: All right, say what you've gotta say.
Jimmy Chitwood: [to crowd] I don't know if it'll make a difference, but I figured it's time for me to start playing ball

Happy to accept this as true but would being the travelling emergency for this game not suggest that he has put his hand up to play?

Not privy to this weeks discussion but yes you would think it has reached that stage if they where prepared to take him interstate as cover. I could only go on what I was told a couple of weeks ago :thumbsu:

Will he come in for this Saturdays game against the dockers at Etihad anyone think?

oh-you-gif-2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not privy to this weeks discussion but yes you would think it has reached that stage if they where prepared to take him interstate as cover. I could only go on what I was told a couple of weeks ago :thumbsu:
Just further to this... any knowledge re whether playing exclusively in defence has been part of the discussion between him and club?

I reckon there is more opportunity for him as a forward at AFL level and that his game might actually translate better playing that role....club has played him exclusively back however in VFL for last 5-6 weeks.

Will he come in for this Saturdays game against the dockers at Etihad anyone think?

Definitely yes, based on the fact he is my boy and a hunch. Although I had this hunch since a week after our bye....please ******* play him ****!!

Since he was held over emergency I think he goes back to the two's this week. Other than Dea or Laverde pre-bye every time an emergency is held over this year they've been guaranteed game time in the VFL the following week.

Just further to this... any knowledge re whether playing exclusively in defence has been part of the discussion between him and club?

I reckon there is more opportunity for him as a forward at AFL level and that his game might actually translate better playing that role....club has played him exclusively back however in VFL for last 5-6 weeks.
Yes, I know for a fact there has been extensive discussion between him and the club. Just the other day Mark Harvey explicitly asked if Franga would be willing to go to Subway after training to purchase meatball subs for the entire coaching panel. Apparently the coaching panel were staying back to do online module 3.2 Risk Management: Caution in Selection. Franga and Harvs had a great chat and in the end it was foot longs all round.

Regarding where Franga would prefer to play, I'm sorry but they don't think of him that way, he's just a friend.

Media saying Zac and Raz coming in this week. Can’t see 3 changes to a 43 pt win. Unfortunately!
Woosher has been pretty clear that he only comes in for Goddard or Hurley anyway....seems like he’ll continue playing seconds unless one gets injured or they decide to play him forward (which seems very unlikely).

Yes, I know for a fact there has been extensive discussion between him and the club. Just the other day Mark Harvey explicitly asked if Franga would be willing to go to Subway after training to purchase meatball subs for the entire coaching panel. Apparently the coaching panel were staying back to do online module 3.2 Risk Management: Caution in Selection. Franga and Harvs had a great chat and in the end it was foot longs all round.

Regarding where Franga would prefer to play, I'm sorry but they don't think of him that way, he's just a friend.
coaches sure love their roll players ATM

Woosher has been pretty clear that he only comes in for Goddard or Hurley anyway....seems like he’ll continue playing seconds unless one gets injured or they decide to play him forward (which seems very unlikely).
must wonder if he is being kept in line for 2019 Rd1 debut and the Goddard talk is centred around him making way next year.

its a sound theory, you don't drop a senior for a junior unless the senior loses form. but at some point we have to face into the fact Francis is 21 and Goddard, at best, has a year left.
we don't win a flag this year and next year is a very long shot.

Francis is the future in that spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back