Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can comfortably assume he's not retiring or he already would have and that he's not forging a vfl career with no intentions to play Afl. You would assume he will play for us or the Crows/Port next year. He won't sign another contract this year so basically we will just have to wait and see. Getting a few games in the seniors won't change anything

Where's all this coming from?
ant555

Speculation?
All I know is that 2 weeks ago he had not made a decision about playing at AFL level. I would presume this may have changed last week as he was the hold over for the GC game.
Have no info about him going home other than earlier this year he was very happy being in Melbourne and at Essendon

Reading between the lines he may be a chance this week if they go with Hooker forward. Would be between him and Hartley if that is the case .

A future without Aaron Francis at Essendon is a future I never want to see or be apart of.

I'm not ready for that guys.

I still think he can become our best player.

Him not making it would literally have zero impact on our future.

Not sure how a player who has played a handful of solid to good games in the VFL could become our best player. That'd probably be an indictment on our best 3 players right now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With what happened last year I doubt he would show his hand yet, I know I wouldn't anyway.

If PA or Crows are interested I'd say he'll be gone.

Him not making it would literally have zero impact on our future.

Not sure how a player who has played a handful of solid to good games in the VFL could become our best player. That'd probably be an indictment on our best 3 players right now.

He's got something special in him, I don't know maybe I'm pregnant with emotion or something.

He's got something special in him, I don't know maybe I'm pregnant with emotion or something.

Yes he has. I watched him closely at the ground in his first game & while it was obvious he wasn't fit, he did enough to show he had a big future. Read the ball beautifully & marked well for a player in his first game.

Love to see him back soon but if it's next season, so be it.

Kind of amazed they are even making a reference to the noise supporters are making.

Kind of amazed they are even making a reference to the noise supporters are making.
Their social media team would be well aware of the support for Aaron and you would think this would filter back to coaches and players alike.

Whilst never one to give anything away I'm sure this is all part of Woosha's plan to keep him here.
Show the kid the support from the fans, keep them calling for his inclusion, build and build the anticipation. It's genius.

I realise I'm drawing a long bow here but ******* hell I have to hold on to something don't i?

How is that even about Aaron?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back