Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez he runs under the ball a lot...........

Has been mentioned he didn't do this pre draft.

I wonder if it has anything to do with senior players having a more penetrating kick. Rather than measured kicks that he might be on the end of in juniors, he is adjusting to lower trajectory, more powerful kicks. Could also mean hands become a bit less 'sticky' until he adjusts.

I wonder if it has anything to do with senior players having a more penetrating kick. Rather than measured kicks that he might be on the end of in juniors, he is adjusting to lower trajectory, more powerful kicks. Could also mean hands become a bit less 'sticky' until he adjusts.
Or our players could just be kicking it over his head

Dunno, reckon there is more to being a fwd than just leading full tilt, that's where the craft is.... holding the lead, pushing back on the defender, protecting the drop space, timing the lead etc. Keen to see if he has it.

Dunno, reckon there is more to being a fwd than just leading full tilt, that's where the craft is.... holding the lead, pushing back on the defender, protecting the drop space, timing the lead etc. Keen to see if he has it.

How long was he used up forward on the weekend? I saw him up there in the first quarter and start of the second but had to turn off the TV and do stuff so I missed the rest of the game.

Very talented player, just needs a bigger engine to meet the needs of today's football. I see him as a half forward, somebody who can create and finish.

Gee our boys worked a lot harder than their Geelong counterparts when it mattered in the last quarter on Saturday, Francis among them.

A lot of those guys aren't really talented unlike Francis, just showed a lot of grunt, but it was good to see. Geelong had a lot of class, but too few in the boiler room.

If you thought our Francis went missing, where exactly was Jordan Murdoch or Darcy Lang in Q4?

Very talented player, just needs a bigger engine to meet the needs of today's football. I see him as a half forward, somebody who can create and finish.

Gee our boys worked a lot harder than their Geelong counterparts when it mattered in the last quarter on Saturday, Francis among them.

A lot of those guys aren't really talented unlike Francis, just showed a lot of grunt, but it was good to see. Geelong had a lot of class, but too few in the boiler room.

If you thought our Francis went missing, where exactly was Jordan Murdoch or Darcy Lang in Q4?

Jordan Murdoch could be the most overrated player I've ever seen.

If he wasn't quick, I'm not sure he'd even be VFL-level.

He was really good judging it in his first stint in VFL and his first afl game was almost levitating and taking marks. I'd just guess that he is under a pretty heavy training load or just cooked and not getting the leap he thinks he's capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Francis is the guy that everyone asks Egan about... played mostly defence, reads the ball as well as anyone but needs more defensive craft (defending his man, repeat efforts) rather than as a loose opponent. He plays more on instinct up forward, Egan reckons he's a third tall type and will be very difficult for the opposition to match up against. Was good for him to get a taste at AFL level that he otherwise wouldn't have had, because he knows exactly how far off he is from being AFL ready and what he needs to work on to get to that level (aerobic fitness, obviously). Having that understanding and given his personality, Egan reckons he'll come back as fit as possible from the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Egan has a bit of senior coach material about him.
They actually asked him about his game plan/approach etc. in that interview as well. I think they moved him through the assistant positions last year and before, obviously coached the last couple of AFL games in 2015 and then they moved him into head of development/VFL coach this year, so he's done the line coaching and is more focused on the whole team dynamic now... so he's slowly getting experience in a few areas. So yeah, I agree with you haha :p

Apparently Francis is the guy that everyone asks Egan about... played mostly defence, reads the ball as well as anyone but needs more defensive craft (defending his man, repeat efforts) rather than as a loose opponent. He plays more on instinct up forward, Egan reckons he's a third tall type and will be very difficult for the opposition to match up against. Was good for him to get a taste at AFL level that he otherwise wouldn't have had, because he knows exactly how far off he is from being AFL ready and what he needs to work on to get to that level (aerobic fitness, obviously). Having that understanding and given his personality, Egan reckons he'll come back as fit as possible from the off-season.
I suspect some of that will come with improved fitness tooo.

I remember early in the preseason, some of the training watchers on BB sait their was a bit of a game with Francis, if he could run a lay of the oval without blowing up he got to drive the buggy around.

Think he might be the one to transition in after Worsefold?
If he inexplicably didn't get a senior gig beforehand, I would be ecstatic with that arrangement.

He's owned the forward line today. He's going dominate as 3rd forward. I'm tempted to say Stringer type but in reality he's not as dynamic on the the ground or as hungry/inventive but he's miles in front overhead.

Play him deep forward with Tippa and Hooker. With that height up forward we'd have to have JD and Hooker giving ruckman a chop out because a ruckman will make it top heavy ...
Or play Hooker down back. Having said that the three prongs is what will get the most out of each of them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

By no means we're any easy marks, but I felt that he was fumbling too many of his marking contests today. Would get his hands too it but then wouldn't take it cleanly and end up dropping it. Still showing some crazy good signs, can't wait to watch him next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back