Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Gleeson goes down for half a season next minute Francis back at the club.

I doubt it has any relation but hopefully he can see it as a big opportunity. If he really is in a good head space at the moment he could be playing AFL in a month or so.
I wonder if he was given a fitness program while he was away. Could be counterproductive to his footy if he ends up pinching games again.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
ROUND 1 INCLUSION

AND BUMP HIM TO VICE CAPTAIN

BUT LET HIM TAKE THE COIN TOSS

BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO WIN THE RISING STAR

AND THE 2018 NORM SMITH

AND HEARTS OF RANGA BOMBER FANS EVERYWHERE

AND BREAK JEFF KENNETT'S HEART WHEN HE ESTABLISHES BEYOND BLUEY - AUSTRALIA'S MOST SUCCESSFUL RED HEAD DEPRESSION SUPPORT AND PART TIME KIDS BASKETBALL MENTORING GROUP - NO HAWKS KIDS ALLOWED

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
I DEMAND THE THREAD TITLE BE CHANGED TO ‘SUPERSTAR AND LIKELY RISING STAR WINNER’!

I'm sure he can defeat some first year hawk player too. Not sure if the hawks even have any first year players this year though.

$67 for Rising Star.

BRB mortgaging house.
I thought you lost your house in the Great Hawthorn Are s**t debacle of late 2012/early 2013?

I thought you lost your house in the Great Hawthorn Are s**t debacle of late 2012/early 2013?

I did I did, but made it back in my triumphant Hawthorn Are s**t forecast for 2017.

I did I did, but made it back in my triumphant Hawthorn Are s**t forecast for 2017.
Then lost it all on bitcoins. :'(

Anyway, it's great to see Francis back at the club and he still looks in decent shape which is :thumbsu:

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Just quietly, his fitness will be less of an issue imo if he plays back. His competitive streak seems to feed more into being a defender than a forward; he has to create play and space when playing in attack which I think he struggles with when he starts to feel tired.

But when he's in defence, he's reacting to the ball, he hunts for it in the air and doesn't want to get beaten so he seems to run games out better.

Good luck to him. I hope it works out and we just let him find a spot in defence at some point because he's genuinely ******* insanely talented and I think he needs to feel like he belongs for a while as well as get fitter before we even consider throwing him in the middle/up forward again.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Just quietly, his fitness will be less of an issue imo if he plays back. His competitive streak seems to feed more into being a defender than a forward; he has to create play and space when playing in attack which I think he struggles with when he starts to feel tired.

But when he's in defence, he's reacting to the ball, he hunts for it in the air and doesn't want to get beaten so he seems to run games out better.

Good luck to him. I hope it works out and we just let him find a spot in defence at some point because he's genuinely ******* insanely talented and I think he needs to feel like he belongs for a while as well as get fitter before we even consider throwing him in the middle/up forward again.
still remember his TAC games
He'd just coast, not really picking anyone up. But he would read the play and the flight of the ball beautifully and intercept most anything coming his way.
Strong body, smart positioning and a good set of hands.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Should be developed now as a defender anyway. With Stringer, Stewart, Laverde, Langford and Smack all there as possible 3rd tall forwards he can find his niche which is best for someone struggling in general.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
From the previous page I doubt anyone would be shitty with him for taking on another job. But I reckon there would be a fair few players lining up in the VFL side that would be pissed if Francis played round 1 vs Adelaide.

Needs to earn his spot through the VFL now.

Back