Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll put my hand up and say I'm concerned about Francis.

Usually at this time of year you get decent reports of who's up and about and who's sitting in the injury room. Francis seemed to start ok and since has been a bit in the injury room, then running laps, then disappears before he surfaces to do a few more laps before maybe needing to go back into the injury room. Rinse and repeat.

It's not sounding like a great start to the year for someone that needs to find some sort of continuity in his preseason so he can at least go close to running out a match come the season proper (whether it be VFL or AFL).

I'll put my hand up and say I'm concerned about Francis.

Usually at this time of year you get decent reports of who's up and about and who's sitting in the injury room. Francis seemed to start ok and since has been a bit in the injury room, then running laps, then disappears before he surfaces to do a few more laps before maybe needing to go back into the injury room. Rinse and repeat.

It's not sounding like a great start to the year for someone that needs to find some sort of continuity in his preseason so he can at least go close to running out a match come the season proper (whether it be VFL or AFL).

The best thing to do with Francis is to temper your expectations. The lower the expectations the better.

Nothing much has changed this preseason so its unlikely that much will change during the season. At least with low expectations, there is a small chance that he might surprise.

The best thing to do with Francis is to temper your expectations. The lower the expectations the better.

Nothing much has changed this preseason so its unlikely that much will change during the season. At least with low expectations, there is a small chance that he might surprise.
My expectations are low. A run without injury. Form is secondary at present.

I expect he'll be delisted before round 1.

I heard from someone at the club today that Francis is on personal leave from the club.

Return unknown....

His hip injury was only supposed to be a week, that was over two & half weeks ago.... Franga is your reading this mate. It’s all going to be ok. Just get back on the bike and keep riding.

I heard from someone at the club today that Francis is on personal leave from the club.

Return unknown....

His hip injury was only supposed to be a week, that was over two & half weeks ago.... Franga is your reading this mate. It’s all going to be ok. Just get back on the bike and keep riding.
:sweat:
Half way through AFL-X is my tip.
boncer34 :eyes:

I'd focus my account if he was at the club next year.

Ah, Curnow, what could've been.

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was the best player in the draft. Before the draft I said we should take him and Curnow even though I was a big Parish fan.
I think he is done. He can not get fit. The risk was his fitness levels. I had concerns last year but it is getting close to fork time.

Not good - seems a troubled, young man.

Hope he can work through it and have a career but AFL footy isn't for everyone. Maybe he just doesn't want it and/or isn't suited to it. Happens in all walks of life.

Return unknown....

Its been up on the AFL website for the last half hour or so, so its definitely official
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-13/dons-former-no6-pick-takes-personal-leave

Its been up on the AFL website for the last half hour or so, so its definitely official
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-13/dons-former-no6-pick-takes-personal-leave
Cheers for the link.

Orazio Fantasia, a newly elected member of the Bombers' leadership group, said he and his teammates fully supported Francis as he sought to return to his best.

"He told the boys last week he's going to take a little bit of personal time away from the footy club and obviously the footy club and the boys understand that," Fantasia told FIVEaa radio on Tuesday evening.

"Aaron is going to be a crucial part of this team so to get him right off the field is No.1.

"You know how hard the game can be if you're not in a good headspace so he's just going to take a little bit of time away from the footy club at the moment."

Agree. Seen it all before. I’d be amazed if he plays half a dozen games this year if at all. We should just count our losses & get what we can at years end, while he still has some sort of currency.

Meh. Was the right decision at the time. Also what currency? At present he'd have none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back