Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro: "Hey Aaron, we are short on tall forwards, do you want to kick lots of goals like your childhood hero Matthew Lloyd?"
Francis: "yes sir, I will do anything for the club, I bleed red and black".
Haha! The best part is, he's taller than Lloyd now. He could actually become a full-forward if we wanted him to.

Dodoro: "Hey Aaron, we are short on tall forwards, do you want to kick lots of goals like your childhood hero Matthew Lloyd?"
Francis: "yes sir, I will do anything for the club, I bleed red and black".

Goddard: "Francis, what the *? I thought I was your favourite? You'll pay for this campaigner."

Goddard: "Francis, what the ****? I thought I was your favourite? You'll pay for this campaigner."
Not to mention, Goddard will get jealous of Francis' height.
Goddard has this weird thing about being "190cm" and not "189cm".

Fallout gifs seem most appropriate for this one

wIdPb0B.jpg
Let's hope he hasn't got any rads from living in the wasteland of South Australia

It's not weird, he is genuinely 6'4.
For real? I'm 6'1, when I met him I thought he was only 6'2 at most! Must have been the 3 inch heels I was wearing. #dragnight

I'm 6'2" and when I got BJ's autograph when he started at Essendon he was a good 5cm taller than me.
Which happens to be exactly 6'4. Well, that does it then. Proof is had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Brendon Goddard:

"I just love the play he goes about playing his footy. He's very calm, versatile ..."

If he defines BJ as calm, I'd love to see what classifies as pissed off.

Also I really liked what he said about being a high draft pick:
"There's a little bit of pressure with that, but there's always pressure in playing footy."

DPS, I'm one of the weird ones who wants to see him up forward. I think with Hartley, Hurley and Hooker down back, Francis down there too, is far too tall.

DPS, I'm one of the weird ones who wants to see him up forward. I think with Hartley, Hurley and Hooker down back, Francis down there too, is far too tall.
Think we will be having the same debate with Francis as we do with hooker and Hurley is he better forward or back, in my opinion Francis is the most exciting player we have recruited in the last 10 years. The sky is the limit and he doesn't even need to develop into a midfielder he can be damaging anywhere on the ground.

Francis can play as a medium defender.

Won every contest...every contest..every contest.

Nice.

THERE was a training session at St Kilda's Seaford headquarters late last year when the NAB AFL Academy players were pitted against each other in one-on-one marking battles.

In front of a group of recruiters, the group of taller prospects eligible for this year's draft went head-to-head. Aaron Francis won every contest he was in. "He's going to go very high," said one recruiter who was there watching.

Francis looks set to fulfill that prediction at November 24's NAB AFL Draft after a terrific season for his club West Adelaide and South Australia at the under-18 championships.

I think back to all those years ago when I watched Gumbleton play in the Peel Thunder league side and how excited I was at the prospect of him being a Bomber...and then I watch Francis' hightlights video and realise he's even better. Way better.

This kid will play round 1 you'd think with his contested marking skills. Just looks ready made to make an impact at senior level. What a great pick he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back