Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
He's a smart footballer than can make a good impact from few touches That said I expect him to get dropped as the quantity of his impacts over a whole match and his ability to hit the scoreboard up forward is a bit limited at this stage. Right now he's a defender but the trio of Hurley/Hooker/Ambrose are performing so well together its keeping him out.

If he does get dropped to the 2s I reckon there's still plenty for him to work on, particularly if we'd like to develop his forward craft a bit more to give us more options in the future. Sure eventually he'll settle down back but for his medium term future I think it could be advantageous to him and the team.

He might not have played well in the last two weeks, but I think he's been working harder and making more out of second efforts. This still needs improvement, but I think he's starting to click with Franky of what he'll need to do to make it at the top level.

Does the vfl team play This week during our bye?
Wouldn't be opposed to keeping his game time up and building the continuity into his fitness
Bring him back against the hawks. Reckon he could do a good negating job on sicily.
Nope. Club wide bye.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
He needs to play back, but if the backs are all fit and there's a spare spot up forward I'd keep playing him.

If Brown Stringer Stewart are fit there probably isn't a spot up forward.

Brown may and Stewart will have to play some VFL first though,

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
He needs to play back, but if the backs are all fit and there's a spare spot up forward I'd keep playing him.

If Brown Stringer Stewart are fit there probably isn't a spot up forward.

Brown may and Stewart will have to play some VFL first though,

The guy’s a natural defender, feel like we have to find a way to play him there.

JETTA7

Senior List
Apr 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Nuffies on guardians of the red sash facebook page spreading rumors that he hit worsfold last week... Any reason for concern?

Nuffies on guardians of the red sash facebook page spreading rumors that he hit worsfold last week... Any reason for concern?
There's your answer :)

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I swear some people just rate players on stats alone.

Francis had a genuine impact on the game.

Have watched the recording of the game now and I must say he was surprisingly effective in the little time he had with ball in hand.

Think it was the one htb, but apart from that, was effective as a tall forward on a torrid day for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a good sign.

Historically, this much talking up a nothing game coincides with a player getting dropped.

We all know what we're doing.

That bloke Baggers, played a great game, what a legend!

Back