Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

You realise Morgan is your player right? I wouldn't blame you for not knowing that though. Nuff said.
Welcome to big footy.
I'm guessing he typed the wrong name and meant to type Gresham.
St Kilda have done very well I reckon in the last couple of trade periods and have come out winners in most people's eyes.
It's time for them to start performing.

On Francis if he goes it will be unfortunate, he has so much bloody talent. But he's contracted for TWO more years. Hopefully that mitigates some of his loss in value through not getting a consistent gig at AFL level in his first couple of years. So few KPPs do anyway.

We know he has not put in the effort because there have been comments from the club that he needs to lift in that area.
He has the ability to be a star but right now he does not have the work ethic. It has nothing to do with opportunity.

It's a bit about opportunity. He was one of our better players against Freo earlier this year - and was then for some reason dropped and not seen again. We had plenty worse players that day who played the next week. As in 10+.

I thought he said he wanted melbourne only?

If we can help the crows bump up Levers value, assuming the dees wont give up what the crows want, then maybe they wont play hardball on a francis trade.
He wants Melbourne but in the interview with his manager on Trade Radio it was mentioned other Victorian clubs would be considered if a trade was not able to be done.

Seemed like Francis found it hard to fit in. Pretty quiet kid apparently, and if you'd see him with other players at training etc he'd be out a little to the side. The quiet kids have more problems with homesickness.

May be better off back home, but we must be willing to hold him for another year or we really lose out here value wise.

Crows have pick 16 and will get 10 for Lever but can't see them offering anything like that. Maybe a bidding war between Crows and Port could help

It's a bit about opportunity. He was one of our better players against Freo earlier this year - and was then for some reason dropped and not seen again. We had plenty worse players that day who played the next week. As in 10+.

RVBi3T1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed like Francis found it hard to fit in. Pretty quiet kid apparently, and if you'd see him with other players at training etc he'd be out a little to the side. The quiet kids have more problems with homesickness.

May be better off back home, but we must be willing to hold him for another year or we really lose out here value wise.

Crows have pick 16 and will get 10 for Lever but can't see them offering anything like that. Maybe a bidding war between Crows and Port could help

They can use the Charlie Cameron pick.

Take note Bulldogs, this is how you move a player out that you don't need and get maximum value for him.

There have been rumblings about Francis all year and there are concerns within the club that he will never make it.

With the three SSS's nominating us Francis is the obvious choice to get it done. Good move to get Francis to come out and say he would like to move. Much better than the club coming out and saying he's a fat pig that doesn't train hard enough and we don't think he will ever make it.

Just to remind everyone, Sydney gave the pick for Gresham to St Kilda.

We only took pick 5 for Carlisle and gave pick 44 to Sydney for Bird.

Didn't we swap pick 14 for 24? With 14 they got Gresham

People.
He was gone from a long way out.
He will get a pick that enables the club to get Jake Stringer.
Jake Carlisle for Jake Stringer is a fair enough trade.
If Alex Morgan was Rhys Mathieson we would have killed the trade.
If Aaron Francis was Charlie Curnow we would have killed the trade.
I have a list of some posters who whined about the Francis for Lever proposals.
Interested to see what they say.
He was not committed to his footy at EFC. His body is a testament to that.
Blind Freddie could see that.
We cannot say he must stay and then chase Saad and Stringer who are both contracted.
Francis gets pick 16. 16 gets Stringer. Pick 11 and 28 gets pick 18 and 19 and a later Brisbane pick.
18 for Smith
19 for Saad and a later pick perhaps.
If we do any better than this we are doing extremely well.
We get three best 22 players in the club for 11, 28 and Aaron Francis (who has played 5 games)who are all 22-24 and all Victorian.
You sure we’re getting that level of compo for Frang?

You realise Morgan is your player right? I wouldn't blame you for not knowing that though. Nuff said.
That’s what you get for typing in a rush on mobile kids, let that be a lesson to you.

(Gresham isn’t nearly as good as St Kilda supporters make him out to be).

Just throwing a name out that worth something and helps facilitate the Lever move. As Adelaide don't have anything of value.

I’d prefer we get involved in the lever deal & try to pry one of Melbourne’s inside mids from them for Francis... I’d be pushing for Brayshaw. Probably have to sweeten the deal but he’d fit perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back