Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Francis can't bulk up to Ambrose's size AND get fit in the same preseason.

Our best hope is that he becomes a 3rd KPD / part-time bullocking mid
Francis is plenty big enough already, as you say he just needs to improve his fitness base.

The thing with Ambrose is he makes a lot of stupid mistakes, from what I've seen Francis doesn't make that many.

He has the frame but I wouldn't say he has the muscle (yet) to match Ambrose.
Have you seen the photos of him decking Hooker? He's got the muscle, it'll become more noticeable as he trims down, loses the puppy fat, etc.

If he hasn't broken into the team by mid season I can't see the crows or power being interested. Realistically it all depends on how he goes over the break and the first couple of months in pre-season. If he can smash it and not get injured by mid Feb I can't see any reason for him not to be in consideration for round 1.
Agree

I wouldn't be surprised to see him Rd.1.
new look team for 2018 should ring in a good 5-6 changes for mine

my only question is how many intercept defenders can you play in one backline

We'd be playing three (Hurley, Gleeson, Francis) with our two rebounders (Saad, McKenna). Leaving one of Hartley or Ambrose as the one on one defender. Hartley is better at the one on one stuff as long as the backline isn't too wide open. So we'd need a bit of balance or a 7th defender (defensive mid) to help block space. We tried that with Goddard but he is very suspect defensively.

Could be Goddard moves onto the ball (in place of Jobe), and Francis slides into his spot as the 7th defender.

Gleeson Hartley Ambrose
McKenna Hurley Saad
Francis

McKenna and Saad (and even Gleeson) are offensive enough to join the attacks off HB.

So I'm starting to see where i think his role may come into it.

The most significant moment of that video isn't actually the mark - one moment in an otherwise forgettable 13 disposal performance - but the lack of celebration after the siren. Not often you see a guy take a match saving mark in the final seconds and then not celebrate as the siren goes.

The most significant moment of that video isn't actually the mark - one moment in an otherwise forgettable 13 disposal performance - but the lack of celebration after the siren. Not often you see a guy take a match saving mark in the final seconds and then not celebrate as the siren goes.
Too tired to lift his arms up to celebrate?

Just about every player over celebrates things nowadays. I know it's the entertainment industry but alot of it is cringeworthy stuff. (eg Hookerr v Norf)

My read was he was relieved more then anything. 'I played a s**t game but luckily I helped impact in the end to help win the game. Let's get off and go home' plus it's only the VFL.

It's rare to see that nowadays. Would like to see more of it. Wasn't only a few years back the whole team got criticised for over celebrating a per season game?

Just about every player over celebrates things nowadays. I know it's the entertainment industry but alot of it is cringeworthy stuff. (eg Hookerr v Norf)

My read was he was relieved more then anything. 'I played a s**t game but luckily I helped impact in the end to help win the game. Let's get off and go home' plus it's only the VFL.

It's rare to see that nowadays. Would like to see more of it. Wasn't only a few years back the whole team got criticised for over celebrating a per season game?
Mark Williams' best game for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scratched his nose as well.

Definitely gave our players TB4.

...hang on?

He has the frame but I wouldn't say he has the muscle (yet) to match Ambrose.
He has brilliant core strength. He easily out bodies much bigger opponents at VFL level. I couldn't care less how big his muscles are.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Glad he stayed, but it was really by default that no one else wanted to deal for him, moreover than anything else.

Anyone know if he’s happy firstly & secondly if he’s resolved to jump into 2018 fully focused??

If he breaks out in the next year or two Crows will be coming hard they are keeping tabs on his progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back