Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I spent a bit of time watching Francis yesterday & he certainly has a presence out there, some errors but a great debut nonetheless. Was gassed a few times, totally expected, with a tank & a couple preseasons under him he could be anything, great pickup for the club.

i think he has such an attacking mindset that he can lose his man when playing in defence. it happened a couple of times yesterday. I really like him up forward. make someone else try to stop him. its a hard thing to do.

All of us have wished for 2 Hurley's since Hurley's 1st game, finally we have our 2 and 1 who can mark the ball.
1 forward 1 back.

Defence wins championships. It's an age old saying in most sports around the world.

I think Francis plays in the back line. Strong intercept marking and elite disposal are tools we should be using to set up our attacking thrusts.

Yeah look he was good but let's be honest the most crucial thing, and the thing I'm looking forward to most for the next 15 years is having a flaming ginger with a fierce beard to match running around on the field.

Is he too important to risk in the VFL finals injury wise?

That's the only decision the club needs to make.

Reckon that it will be like Laverde and Langford last year.

I think that there is probably a desired work load for a first year player which will be equal "X" AFL and "Y" VFL games (depending on the combination of both).

If he has reached the total number he probably wont play. I doubt that they'll be worried about "chance" injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Sean Wellman :)
Brilliant comparison mate..If he can have the career Notta had we'll be very well served,
Runs out of defense in similar style..Imagine if he turns into a forward /ruck in the roughhead mould..
Either way it's Jake who???
Well traded Disco and your drafting was fricken awesome last year...
Saint Francis, Parish, Redman, Hartley, Brown, Tippa, was a great effort, Morgan the only one to arrive, still have faith he will..
Plus he had time to throw on a bid on Silvagni...Would have been a steal at that pick..

Future is bright and let's sit happy knowing he's gonna deliver us some more class this year..

Really feel we need another expolsive Indiginous mid/forward in our mix..

A vital ingredient of every premiership team of late...

Still think he was the best player out of last years draft and yes i am on record as saying it last year.

Hard to go past Weitering still, however to think that we got Saint Francis and PArish makes me all warm and fuzzy....
Both are absolute guns of the future...Feel a lot better than the last few years of pain...

Would love to see us play Jobe as a permanent forward next year .....Could really excell in that role..Like his VFL days,
spent most of them as a CHF in the Gunston role..God I hope he plays on....Bloody legend...

People keep saying Hurley, I can see that with his attack on the ball in the air. But when he has the ball he reminds me of Dangerfield. Be interesting to see what his spatial awareness in close is like, and his ability to read the play in the middle, could end up a midfielder.

Love how he casually out marked Merrett who had spoiled Daniher on numerous occasions, he would have to be out best mark already

b88107601z.1_20160311202937_000_gnig19qs.4_1-1be5eth.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back