Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

db3090be13f27e2db5a93f4bb6eaa139.jpg

This guy has to be close to 196cm making him genuine kpp in this picture he is almost the same as Merrett who is slightly in the air, in the jumper presentation he towers over langers at 191 and a few short of Hartley at 199.
If this is correct I reckon it really changes our drafting strategy this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy has to be close to 196cm making him genuine kpp in this picture he is almost the same as Merrett who is slightly in the air, in the jumper presentation he towers over langers at 191 and a few short of Hartley at 199.

If you watch his debut video on the EFC website when Hartley walks by him, Francis does look more than 190. How tall is a guess to me.

Apparently he last measured in at 194cm

I'm impressed with Francis' lack of social media activity. He's here to focus on football and not some popularity contest.

Although things could easily change once he wins two brownlows in one season.
He probably knows he's a redhead and will never be popular

Reckon Francis back/forward will be a hot topic at some point reasonably soon....could reach Stanton like levels of divisiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Hurley in the making .......

very impressive debut and had far more impact in ten minutes up forward than Brown did all day...

He plays like Hurley. That is what really struck me yesterday, everything he did, Hurley would have done as well.
He's Hurley with a clean pair of hands and will have more midfield smarts. Would be amazing if we can play them alongside each other with Hartley bring extra height.

This leaves Hooker up forward and Brown as depth for either end.

He plays like Hurley. That is what really struck me yesterday, everything he did, Hurley would have done as well.
When playing back, I see it. When he went forward, no.

Hurley looked like he was on train tracks when forward - would run under the ball time and again when leading at the ball carrier. Francis has shown he can burst, balance, time his leap - and then clunk it.

Would like him forward in the games in which we have no hope. Did find space as a forward and his running patterns seemed fine,even though the heat had gone out of the game. Brown can move back

He's no Carey. He's everything the Hawks hoped Hodge would be though.
a three time premiership captain?

also people saying he's hurley if hurley could mark, hurley had some absolute clunks early on in his career vs riewoldt and tredrea. then buggered his wrist. so keep it in your pants, hey.

a three time premiership captain?

also people saying he's hurley if hurley could mark, hurley had some absolute clunks early on in his career vs riewoldt and tredrea. then buggered his wrist. so keep it in your pants, hey.
Very true re Hurley .... and I doubt Francis will be our captain with Heppell and Zerret at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back