Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tipping Stewart gets an extended run off the back of tonight, having said that, if Francis played tonight, I'd hazard a guess with the service compared to previous weeks, he would have got his hands on it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a horrible.

How in the hell is Francis supposed to cover McKennas role? They play completely different games.

I seriously wonder sometimes if people even follow the same sport I do.

Well which one of the forward six do we drop for Francis, or who in defense does he replace because within that back six, Ambrose when fit will be the most likely to come in.

Well which one of the forward six do we drop for Francis, or who in defense does he replace because within that back six, Ambrose when fit will be the most likely to come in.

He doesn't need to play in the 1s just for the sake of it. I think Stewart is a better fit currently if we are to play him as a forward.

If he was to come in as a defender, McKenna isn't the bloke we'd be dropping for him. McKenna is in the side for run off half back. Francis fills a completely different role.

None, he doesn't deserve his spot in the side, so we don't drop anyone until he can run out a quarter

He replaces nobody in the forward line right now.

In the backline eventually he would replace Dea I hope as Ambrose pushes Hartley out.

Francis did not excel in the VFL though so likely does not come back in.

I think that Saturday might have have been the first time I've seen Francis live.

To say that he was unimpressive would be an understatement. His work rate was not even close to being VFL standard.

He would have to do something pretty special next week to get back into the AFL side in the next month.

With Stewart coming on and hopefully locking down his spot for the indefinite future I'd love to see Francis spends the next 3-4 weeks in the 2s as either our intercept defender or on the ball... if we can turn him into our inside bull midfielder it could really give us a chance to focus on recruiting for other needs this off season.

Just need to play the long game with this bloke.

With Stewart coming on and hopefully locking down his spot for the indefinite future I'd love to see Francis spends the next 3-4 weeks in the 2s as either our intercept defender or on the ball... if we can turn him into our inside bull midfielder it could really give us a chance to focus on recruiting for other needs this off season.

Just need to play the long game with this bloke.

He'd need 3-4 years, including solid off seasons and preseasons, to get his tank near afl mid standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back