Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark was not in "The 10" for the second half of the year on afl.com but Heeney's and the Brisbane dual marks were. Considering the AFL pick the winner this year they may have already shown their hand.

Mark was not in "The 10" for the second half of the year on afl.com but Heeney's and the Brisbane dual marks were. Considering the AFL pick the winner this year they may have already shown their hand.
I thought they'd changed it to a panel decides but they are advertising that voting opens Thursday

Really interested to watch how he goes over VFL finals series. Potentially, POTENTIALLY, this team could totally overachieve on the basis of him just utterly dominating.

His mark isn't in contention for Mark of the Year.

Charlie Cameron, Michael Walters & Isaac Heeney are the 3 finalists.....

I can agree with Cameron & Heeney, but Francis' mark was far beyond Walters...
Nah. There were 5 standouts including those three, Francis and Nic Nat's. Have no issue with those 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely don’t think he made it look hard enough, if he got upside down in the air and did a full rotation on the way down he wins it IMO.

I genuinely don’t think he made it look hard enough, if he got upside down in the air and did a full rotation on the way down he wins it IMO.

This is why Heeney will win anyway

Clearly better than Walters & Cameron - I'd almost say on par with Heeney.
Looks like Sydney will win both Goal & mark assuming Parker gets it as well.

I reckon Walters was better than Frang's and Heeney's ability to hold onto the ball even with so much forward momentum made his look extra good.

I reckon Walters was better than Frang's and Heeney's ability to hold onto the ball even with so much forward momentum made his look extra good.

I think circumstance adds to it too, not necassarily the look but the emotion as it occurs which then causes a particular mark to be memorable.
Heeneys in the backline, late in a close game. Awkward landing.
Vs
Frangs looks effortless, mark from a kickout in a dead round 23 match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back