Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Frang to boot 15 goals next week. Then sit out the second half.

Seriously, we can play him and Hooker back and forward, horses for courses. Stewart should be back too. McKenna coming back in the side adds to our forward line too with Fantasia able to play forward as a result.

Langford's limitations as a midfielder are reduced playing a tagging role on opposition big bodied mid. With Hibberd added to the mix we have enough size there to cover Stringer's impact. If we want a forward to go into the guts and burst forward a few times, Walla can do that too.

Stringer is a big loss, but not the end of the world. We managed to win with both Ambrose and Francis not playing on the weekend, so anything is possible. Let alone McKenna and Merret.

Last edited:
Don’t want him anywhere near the forward line personally.

* this throwing blokes around into wrong positions, it *s their development. We’ve done enough damage with that.

We have a very competitive selection situation in the backline so that’s just the way it is. He’ll def get another chance before long.

Much rather put Hooker forward. We’re not ******* with his development and he’s a better chance of clunking a few too.

Franga, for all his good qualities, doesnt seem to have the workrate amd endurance to play as a number 1 or 2 target forward. We need someone that is going to lead all day and provide a tall target down the line.

Hooker is the far better option as a forward until Joe or Stringer is back, and Franga can take his place back.

Don’t want him anywhere near the forward line personally.

fu** this throwing blokes around into wrong positions, it fu**s their development. We’ve done enough damage with that.

We have a very competitive selection situation in the backline so that’s just the way it is. He’ll def get another chance before long.

Much rather put Hooker forward. We’re not ******* with his development and he’s a better chance of clunking a few too.
nervous of a tall fwd line of McKernan, Laverde & Langford
If Stewart isn't ready would like Francis or BZT in to release Hooker forward

Francis is a natural defender. We don't need to be putting him forward.

nervous of a tall fwd line of McKernan, Laverde & Langford
If Stewart isn't ready would like Francis or BZT in to release Hooker forward

Francis is a natural defender. We don't need to be putting him forward.
I doubt Langford goes forward. Laverde looked a bit lost last week with all of McKernan, Stringer and Townsend up there with him, he should benefit from some clear air.

More likely to bring McKenna in I’d expect, either so that McKenna plays forward or so that Fantasia can.

Play him where we think we need him most.

Yes, he plays his best footy back but if he can’t go forward for a few weeks and just give it everything for the sake of the team.....then we have another Carlisle on our hands. It really shouldn’t significantly impact his long term development.

Not saying he should or shouldn’t go forward, just that if the club thinks that’s best right now then that’s what should happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Available this week as long as he gets through training.
Essendon utility Aaron Francis will be available for selection for the Bombers’ clash with North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium, should he complete a full training week on the Gold Coast.

The 22-year-old missed last week’s victory over Collingwood after suffering a back spasm at training before the club ruled him out.

"Aaron sustained a back spasm during our main training session last week, and he was still sore by Thursday and Friday, so we deemed him unfit to play," head of medical services David Rundle said.

"Fortunately, he pulled up well over the weekend and trained fully today, so provided he trains well this week, we expect him to be available this weekend for our game against North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium," Rundle said.

We drafted a utility so I don't seem the problem with putting him forward. Play either him or Hooker forward depending on match ups until our fwd line is fit again.
I'd even give him a few centre bounce attendances to see what he can do - I understand he wont have the fitness to attend many but I'd like to see it.

Has been a slow burn from big red but you can start to see his understanding of the role he is required to play and the limitations he needs to play within.

Someone mentioned about someone else but you hardly notice Francis which is a good sign he isn’t stuffing around or buggering up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, he has to play out the year. Its year 5 now for him and we need to see what we have.

If the club think Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose can play togethet then there is no reason that Hooker should force him out. I would drop Gleeson before Francis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back