Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't get players with this kind of tallent very often. Ryder and Winders type gifts here - maybe even a level above. It will be exciting to see.

You don't get players with this kind of tallent very often. Ryder and Winders type gifts here - maybe even a level above. It will be exciting to see.
how good was Winders.
i'd love to know what we could have done had Winders and Gumby not had such crippling injuries.

I'd to see his kicking skills be utilised to a greater degree next season. Hurley is so often used as the escape valve at Essendon. We get the ball to Hurley and he roosts it as far as he can. I'd like to see us utilise Francis in a manner that sees him get more possessions that Hurley next year. He has a few head scratchers, understandable given his experience, but he is generally a very good user of the footy.

I'd to see his kicking skills be utilised to a greater degree next season. Hurley is so often used as the escape valve at Essendon. We get the ball to Hurley and he roosts it as far as he can. I'd like to see us utilise Francis in a manner that sees him get more possessions that Hurley next year. He has a few head scratchers, understandable given his experience, but he is generally a very good user of the footy.

Hurley is a poor marking target, unfortunately, whereas Francis isn't. We do seem to fail to utilise our best kickers enough though; Hartley almost never takes kick-ins when he plays yet is very good by foot.

Jetta & Hurn are exhibit A for what elite footskills out of defence can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like surely he would have signed already if he was going to stay. Im guessing but I think he is more likely to request a trade at this point.

Whats the hold up otherwise?

Surely they would have settled that by now.
Or waiting on Joey?

Guys are still signing this late, look at Goldstein for example which I think was delayed on number of years.

Or he might want to stay but maybe another team offering way more and he wants to trim the difference? He built more value last few games? A lot of things could be impacting.

Guys are still signing this late, look at Goldstein for example which I think was delayed on number of years.

Or he might want to stay but maybe another team offering way more and he wants to trim the difference? He built more value last few games? A lot of things could be impacting.

Like wanting to know who Adelaides new coach will be? Lol

I think Francis has more composure... there I said it...

We have a bunch of guys still out of contract. I suspect exit interviews and some negotiating and stuff will wait until after both our seniors and our VFL team have dropped out of finals... which happened yesterday. So the dominoes should start to fall soon with players who were still VFL eligible.

If he's waiting on more money or clarification about playing position from the coaches, that should be resolved once the other stuff starts to happen a bit more.

There's also the possibility that it's already been signed but an announcement has been held off.

I feel like surely he would have signed already if he was going to stay. Im guessing but I think he is more likely to request a trade at this point.

Whats the hold up otherwise?

Memberships are not available yet. They're not going to do a big re-signing announcement, sending social media into a frenzy without the possibility it leading to people signing up on the spot.

Apparently the Francis deal was almost done a couple of weeks ago but talks have stagnated due to us offering franga a heavily incentive based contract. Give the kid what he wants, he will be our most important back half player in the next couple of years.

Wouldn't surprise if his manager is holding off until Daniher's situation is resolved, because there could be some extra $ in the cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back