Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

The 3 years tells me that the club and Francis have worked out that he is going to be one of the long term replacements for Hurley/Hooker and that he is comfortable with the plan for him in the shorter term until we get to that stage. Could have easily signed for 2 if he wasn't.

I got up this morning and went to essendon fc. While it was loading I thought s**t it would be nice if they announced Francis has signed ok. I was stopped. He seems to be in a good place and I love watching him play
Great day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, sounds like a lot of self-doubt there too. Can't wait to see what we have when this bloke builds some confidence.
Off field maybe - don’t think he has any such issues out on the field.

Plays like he believes he’s the best player on the field - flys for everything and pulls the trigger on kicks most wouldn’t even contemplate. Never goes into his shell after a mistake....and he makes plenty. Not saying this as a negative...I kinda like this about him. The mistakes will reduce with time.

Really happy with Francis staying put and for the medium term as well (3 years). Big commitment from both parties which shows they are both happy with where Aaron is at in his football journey.
I thought the same thing when Raz re-signed.

Keys for Francis for the next few seasons:

Improve his game.
Attain a level of positive consistency.
String a good amount of games each season.
Develop some leadership skills.
Agree with the top 3, but only partially with the leadership. He should look to lead by standards and example, but don't see that his personality type screams formal leadership role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back