Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
There once was a red headed kid named Aaron
He could jump so high he should be called the Red Baron
When he asked to go back home
The Crows offered some chicken twisties and a comb
All Bombers fans laughed & said 'You're taking the urine.'
Now you’ve done it. I’m going to be stalked for the rest of the day by images of a pack of chicken Twisties. Wonder why they don’t allow them to be imported to China? :rolleyes: Bloody customs killjoys...

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Now you’ve done it. I’m going to be stalked for the rest of the day by images of a pack of chicken Twisties. Wonder why they don’t allow them to be imported to China? :rolleyes: Bloody customs killjoys...
I'll send you some. PM your mailing address. I won't be sounded out by Chinese officials will I?

SherbertLemon

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Just read in the Daniher thread that he didn’t train in Coff’s harbour and he had a hamstring compliant?

Do we know anything about this?

I love injuries come at us

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
Is it just me or this guys very lucky to be getting a game? Decision-making and disposal very scratchy, despite it supposedly being a strength. His ferocity to defend questionable. Not a lot of intercept marking. What exactly is he offering that Gleeson can’t do? I’ve always said to play him because of his potential, but he’s want to start performing soon, especially with Ambrose and Hooker coming back in.

Is it just me or this guys very lucky to be getting a game? Decision-making and disposal very scratchy, despite it supposedly being a strength. His ferocity to defend questionable. Not a lot of intercept marking. What exactly is he offering that Gleeson can’t do? I’ve always said to play him because of his potential, but he’s want to start performing soon, especially with Ambrose and Hooker coming back in.
Disposal seems OK, but he does occasionally try to hit a pass that is too hard. I put that down to decision making. He does aslo seem to get lost in some plays, and doesn't get to the right spot to spoil. We have seen Hooker tear him a new one for not doing the right thing a few times last year.

Maybe some more responsibility is what he needs.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

He plays pretty insipid football.

He really gets by doing a few flashy things as a defender who is borderline AFL standard.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Him being one of our best players in last years final probably put some runs on the board for him. I dont think hes been terrible but agree he hasnt stood out this year and i was hoping for more so far. I did notice a few nice spoils yesterday on freos tall forwards.

Cost us about four goals. Some of his spoiling and reading of the play was fantastic, but he really needs to smarten up. I'd be dropping him this week.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Cost us about four goals. Some of his spoiling and reading of the play was fantastic, but he really needs to smarten up. I'd be dropping him this week.

You can't drop a bloke that smashed the best player in the opposition.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
He's doing a lot of things right, too. I felt a lot safer knowing Francis was around the contest.

Drop him for a few mistakes, bring him back in 2-3 weeks, ruin his confidence. Rinse and repeat. That cycle is how you waste a season as a developing player.

I'd be dropping at least 6-8 others before Francis.

I don’t know I thought the Heeney one on the boundary was minor and he seemed to have too much momentum to stop before bumping Taylor. Was in the right spots a lot of the time.

Back