Player Watch #10 Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans-pre-season-1-4-year-players-Phil-Hillyard-pics8464.jpg

A few photos from the first day of training feature Francis. Getting stuck in at the 2k and in contest with Hickey. Looks to be having the fun of cork. Might be thinking to himself "here I am with a bunch of winners - this is fun!". Good to see.

Frang didn't run the 2k.

A few photos from the first day of training feature Francis. Getting stuck in at the 2k and in contest with Hickey. Looks to be having the fun of cork. Might be thinking to himself "here I am with a bunch of winners - this is fun!". Good to see.

My my, now that is an old expression you don't see every day.

Poor bugger really does make it sound like Essendon didn't know how to run a football program or what to do with him. Taking lessons from Logan and McLean etc
Sounds like they've taken him under their wing, which is mighty fine teamwork. Giving him plenty of contests to work on his defensive craft, chatting and carrying on. Working his bum off. Loving it.

I just can't picture Gould as a natural replacement for Rampe nor do I see a need to do a one-for-one replacement of Lloyd when the time comes.
The biggest loss when Rampe hangs them up will be his leadership and organisational skills plus his ability to play taller than his actual height.
I'm more concerned about the leadership.
Gould is a very good leader in the back half in the reserves. He has had to organise a backline that consisted on almost all non list players

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy might go back to FF.
I have huge reservations about Paddy going forward

Remember most of the concussions he got were when he was marking the ball and ppl clipped him from behind.

I would consider it a risk to put him forward

Behind the ball where he is punching it away is a lot safer for him based on his history.

I have huge reservations about Paddy going forward

Remember most of the concussions he got were when he was marking the ball and ppl clipped him from behind.

I would consider it a risk to put him forward

Behind the ball where he is punching it away is a lot safer for him based on his history.
Also he just had a career year as a 3rd tall, why * that up.

Went to the club site to see if they had added the new guys yet.
Two interesting things:
1) Francis is designated as a KEY_FORWARD. 🤔🤔🤔
2) Sheather's blurb had disappeared. He had been designated as a MEDIUM_FORWARD. I assume it's being rewritten?

Went to the club site to see if they had added the new guys yet.
Two interesting things:
1) Francis is designated as a KEY_FORWARD. 🤔🤔🤔
2) Sheather's blurb had disappeared. He had been designated as a MEDIUM_FORWARD. I assume it's being rewritten?
True.

I think this is the most disappointing thing about the Swans. Its website lags or does not update in a timely manner. A player's profile would be about 30 seconds worth of time for a site admin. It is so simple to do these simple things and yet it doesn't. It is just disappointing. Hence we all seek information elsewhere. The Swans website is about 12 months behind. You would never go there for current information.

True.

I think this is the most disappointing thing about the Swans. Its website lags or does not update in a timely manner. A player's profile would be about 30 seconds worth of time for a site admin. It is so simple to do these simple things and yet it doesn't. It is just disappointing. Hence we all seek information elsewhere. The Swans website is about 12 months behind. You would never go there for current information.
It's December. Chill out

It's December. Chill out
Correct, it's December 2022.

So it's weird that Florent's bio concludes with: "Florent, who's also spent time on the inside of the contest, is determined to continue to grow his game as a hybrid midfielder in 2021."

Or that Heeney's concludes with: "Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line - where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin's absence in Round 20 last year" (Referring to a 2019 game.)

Or that McInerney's concludes with: "McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020."

Or that Rowbottom's concludes with: "Rowbottom also led the NEAFL MVP voting when it was hidden from the public after round 12." (NEAFL hasn't been around since 2019.)

I can keep going but I think you get the message. Rusty has a point IMO.

Correct, it's December 2022.

So it's weird that Florent's bio concludes with: "Florent, who's also spent time on the inside of the contest, is determined to continue to grow his game as a hybrid midfielder in 2021."

Or that Heeney's concludes with: "Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line - where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin's absence in Round 20 last year" (Referring to a 2019 game.)

Or that McInerney's concludes with: "McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020."

Or that Rowbottom's concludes with: "Rowbottom also led the NEAFL MVP voting when it was hidden from the public after round 12." (NEAFL hasn't been around since 2019.)

I can keep going but I think you get the message. Rusty has a point IMO.
Reading all of the player profiles = a slow off-season :)

Reading all of the player profiles = a slow off-season :)
Haha that is true. It's not my thing personally, I'm enough of a Swans addict to know that the bios don't tell me anything I don't already know. But everyone's different, and it seems like some people do turn to them for info, so I just thought there was merit to rusty's points that they should be better updated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back