Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the most frustrating player on the list for me.. One minute drops an easy mark then misses a set shot from in front... next minute takes 2 strong contested marks you couldn't make this up. Time to see what we can get for him in a trade I'd think.

Play him in defence please
Come on Eth. First game back. It is actually the time to have a look at him in the forward half. You yourself said finals does not matter.
He had a mare but personally I want to see a few games. Really nothing to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Eth. First game back. It is actually the time to have a look at him in the forward half. You yourself said finals does not matter.
He had a mare but personally I want to see a few games. Really nothing to lose.
It depends on who else is playing there. I don't hate him forward, but I'd prefer Stewart there and Francis back

Had some nice marks, but looked every part the player who hasnt played for a month.

One thing i have always been frustrated with him for is his penchant of kicking off one step. He can really shank them and this is often the cause.

It depends on who else is playing there. I don't hate him forward, but I'd prefer Stewart there and Francis back
Stewart is a better one on one defender.

Stewart is a better one on one defender.
Neither are great one on one but Francis is also playing taller than what would be ideal. Stewart a significantly better forward IMO

Neither are great one on one but Francis is also playing taller than what would be ideal. Stewart a significantly better forward IMO

Maybe so but until we get a decent look at Zack Reid personally I prefer Stewart back. People under rate how much we expose our KP defenders with our poor defense up the ground.

Still grabs opposition jumpers too much.
I do not think he does it any more than other key defenders. He averages 1.2 frees against. It is around the mark of most of the key defenders.

Had some nice marks, but looked every part the player who hasnt played for a month.

One thing i have always been frustrated with him for is his penchant of kicking off one step. He can really shank them and this is often the cause.
Came to post the same thing. It’s not a one off, it’s a long term habit and I can’t believe he hasn’t been coached out of it. Happens when he’s fatigued, takes one step and then both leans back and falls away, and ends up hooking the ball low and left. Just stay composed and take a couple of steps!!

Weird game. He had a 20 min patch where he brought everything to ground or marked it - his forward timing looked really good. At other times he just got led under the ball so easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back