Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

Touch and go, it seems.

Defender Aaron Francis will be a 50/50 chance to play in Essendon’s match against Carlton after being labelled as a ‘test’ for his ankle injury.

Francis was medically subbed out of the Bombers’ 24-point Anzac Day win over Collingwood in the second term after a heavy landing on his ankle proved too painful to return to the field of play.

While the initial prognosis looked grim for the 23-year-old, head of high performance Sean Murphy said Francis has made very positive progress in his immediate recovery and could potentially line-up for Sunday’s clash with the Blues.

”‘Franc’ (Aaron Francis) unfortunately landed quite heavily on that ankle in that second quarter, he just wasn’t quite right to keep going,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Performance Update.

“We tried to get him going, but he was quite uncomfortable, but he’s improved a lot in the first couple of days to get that swelling down on it.

“He’ll be a test this week, but we’re very hopeful we can give him the week and get him up for this week’s game.”

Any updates? Is the Frang ready to bang?
24/7, 7 days a week including Sundays.

I'm sure we'll find out when the team is announced. The night before the game, which is s**t.

Giving me the shits, surely teams can be announced on a Thursday!
Pretty much everyone is on the same page I think. All of the competitions and fan engagement things (not just on BigFooty) are all at the last damned second. Tipping is a wild guess. Fantasy footy people are probably stuffed too (not 100% sure how that works, are teams locked before the round starts?). VS can't finish his game day threads until the last minute either. It's just unpleasant.

Hopefully once this pandemic thing is over (if it's ever over) they'll go back to normal Thursday teams.

eorl

Senior List
Aug 24, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Pretty much everyone is on the same page I think. All of the competitions and fan engagement things (not just on BigFooty) are all at the last damned second. Tipping is a wild guess. Fantasy footy people are probably stuffed too (not 100% sure how that works, are teams locked before the round starts?). VS can't finish his game day threads until the last minute either. It's just unpleasant.

Hopefully once this pandemic thing is over (if it's ever over) they'll go back to normal Thursday teams.
It's very hard to work out which trades to do each week because the Sunday teams aren't named until 4 games have already been named. It really has diminished my desire to play.

I get from last year when they had continuous rounds but this year it's back to 1 round each weekend and should have gone back to Thursday.

Hak94

All Australian
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely comes in and replaces Guelfi this week? Would take some pressure off Stewart having just returned + would allow Ridley to roam a little free. Failing that, give him another week off and we play Reid (not sure if he's over his sickness yet?!).

Surely comes in and replaces Guelfi this week? Would take some pressure off Stewart having just returned + would allow Ridley to roam a little free. Failing that, give him another week off and we play Reid (not sure if he's over his sickness yet?!).
I don’t think we’ll see Reid for a while. Suppose we’ll have to see how he pulls up in the update this week

MattyB3150

Team Captain
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's very hard to work out which trades to do each week because the Sunday teams aren't named until 4 games have already been named. It really has diminished my desire to play.

I get from last year when they had continuous rounds but this year it's back to 1 round each weekend and should have gone back to Thursday.
I have been winning most of my Super Coach leagues over the years and this crap has completely screwed me up. I just haven't been able to manage it. I'm not in the top 8 in any of my leagues arhh!

Test to be available against GWS.

“’Franc’ (Aaron Francis) was very close to getting up (for the Carlton game),” Murphy told Dons Digital's Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“Unfortunately, he just wasn’t quite right. He ran on the weekend and he’ll run again today and we’ll sort of build up his program to test him out to be available for GWS.

“All things are looking pretty good at the moment though.”

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Did some good things but on first viewing I thought he had a couple of ordinary efforts in the air....which is unusual for him.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I come most humbly to tender the white flag in my bitching at frang. He has ironed out the chinks and lapses, seems rock solid and vital to our set up now. Whether it's defending or setting up via the boot. Now he oozes confidence and poise, with the extra time his true skills are showing through with candy sales also at an all time high. Onward and upward frang!

Back