Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

We got the best set of wingers in the league?

Or have we got the best set of wingers in the league.

Seriously though if our two wingers could kick I'd argue they're the best set in the comp at fulfilling the winger responsibilities. Or maybe I'm just seriously hyped now that we finally have two wingers who work so hard in defense, tho IIRC Tommo/Lingers were pretty good at that to start last season too
I think it’s great to have wingers do this as w shabby for a while, just like it is nice having small forwards doing their job ect. Funny how the team plays well when this happens.

I think it’s great to have wingers do this as w shabby for a while, just like it is nice having small forwards doing their job ect. Funny how the team plays well when this happens.
Yep details like this have always been our issue, now that they seem to be catching up to the rest of the top 8 we're looking like an actual good side now. Wonder if it involves some maturation from Goody in terms of realising his 2018 gameplan wasn't well rounded enough

Yep details like this have always been our issue, now that they seem to be catching up to the rest of the top 8 we're looking like an actual good side now. Wonder if it involves some maturation from Goody in terms of realising his 2018 gameplan wasn't well rounded enough
Didn’t help that we didn’t have wingers in 18

I love his aggression but honesty think he’s severely overrated just cos he lays the odd big tackle. Doesn’t kick well, doesn’t spread, isn’t fast, doesn’t stay involved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was a good player in 18' - great runner, solid skills and tough as nails with power.

Unfortunately, injuries have taken a big toll on him!

He was a good player in 18' - great runner, solid skills and tough as nails with power.

Unfortunately, injuries have taken a big toll on him!

Agree about the injures part. But reckon most overrate him significantly just because of his hardness (which is undisputed).

Agree about the injures part. But reckon most overrate him significantly just because of his hardness (which is undisputed).

Not sure he's overrated, when you aren't that good you'd rather have role players who go hard than ones who don't. Haven't heard a single person itching to get him back into this side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urgh those snaps on his left sailing out of bounds on the full, missing the goals by about 15m to the left are giving me nightmares. Last night plus I reckon there was a couple on QB.

Same for set shot kicking really.

Come the think of it keep him the * away from the forwardline. Used to be reasonably reliable (see 2018), now I think you'd rather I had the ball in hand (never played a competitive game of footy in my life) than him from a set shot 30m out straight in front.

His best games so far this season have been pushing half back (like he did against the Cats).

Gus is just hanging on doing his job. Cant believe he was rated the 3rd best kid in the country.
Yeah you would expect him to be more than a defensive wingman

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I think he’d get much better numbers and individual success in another side as a centre square mid.

That's why I think it makes sense from both parties if he's traded. His trade value wouldn't be much but he's a much better inside mid than he is a winger, as much as I admire him functioning OK in a new role. I wonder how satisfied he is being an unspectacular role player for us, when he could be a very strong inside mid if given the chance?

If we could get a mid/late second rounder for him and use his salary to get a free agent like Billings, that'd be a win-win. Billings is quicker, a better kick and a better decision-maker.

That's why I think it makes sense from both parties if he's traded. His trade value wouldn't be much but he's a much better inside mid than he is a winger, as much as I admire him functioning OK in a new role. I wonder how satisfied he is being an unspectacular role player for us, when he could be a very strong inside mid if given the chance?

If we could get a mid/late second rounder for him and use his salary to get a free agent like Billings, that'd be a win-win. Billings is quicker, a better kick and a better decision-maker.

Couldn't agree more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back