Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Yeah. Literally the previous page to this one , multiple posters talking about it hypothetically.

Anyway, not sure what's up your ass, I was pretty clearly being light hearted about how good Brayshaw is. And you won a flag yesterday.

Oh I'm well aware, you're the one being shitty lol I don't care mate 😂. Take hypothetical Tommo and Gus if ya want

being light hearted about how good Brayshaw is.
Brayshaw kept us in it, when our defence was struggling. He was excellent all game.
Then after half time, he stepped up another gear.

He was the difference, up till the point when others joined him in powering on. His little desperate efforts made all the difference, stifling the dogs forward moves.

The missing link.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to find a player who has personified the change at our club more this year.

I thought he was gone actually. Really was unimpressed with his transition to the wing. And then this year he just exploded onto the scene.

I think I fell victim to my own impatience with him, but he has taught me just how important players like him are to a winning team (which we now have).

Brayshaw kept us in it, when our defence was struggling. He was excellent all game.
Then after half time, he stepped up another gear.

He was the difference, up till the point when others joined him in powering on. His little desperate efforts made all the difference, stifling the dogs forward moves.
Absolutely this, super super game of football from him. Well played AB.

Gotta be one of the best stories of the Granny.

He actually thrives off physical contact. He needs it to kick him into gear - that's why he plays his best footy in the past pinballing around packs.

Good thing Crazy Goody knows the secret to finals: stacking inside mids across the park!

Got to throw himself around like a madman. That goal celebration too. Spine tingles

Everybody here welcome to join my Angus Brayshaw fanboy club, officially declared open by A11dAtP0w3R in August 2021.
Happy to forgive you for making me sit through the first few meetings on my own.

Probably all been said already, but loved his 3rd quarter and his attack at the contest all day:
- took a hit to the midrift collecting a handball overhead,
- backing back intercept marks on the fwd flank,
- the dive mark and conversion to put us back in front,
- then backing up with the defensive contests and smashing a pack.

Played a great game and the GF podcast was pretty great too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back