Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed on with the mighty Warrnambool Blues.
View attachment 1824752
Well 🕷 the rumours proved true down this way…lot of people had him pegged for port fairy with the Brayshaw and McDonald connections….but that’s a huge signing for the Blues who have been a bit behind a few of the other clubs….big get for the league and now l have an excuse to go and watch the great man apply his trade in the comp…absolutely stoked his in the league.🤍💙

Well 🕷 the rumours proved true down this way…lot of people had him pegged for port fairy with the Brayshaw and McDonald connections….but that’s a huge signing for the Blues who have been a bit behind a few of the other clubs….big get for the league and now l have an excuse to go and watch the great man apply his trade in the comp…absolutely stoked his in the league.🤍💙

I don't think the Port Fairy rumours had any legs. I've got a workmate who recruits for them and whose son plays for them and he never mentioned anything. He didn't go back to Cobden because his brother who used to captain them had a falling out with the club.

I'll also jump back on the Blues bandwagon, my late grandfather was a multiple premiership player and former president there and I used to watch them every week but have dropped off.

Says alot about him that he's retired, signed with a country club and still on this board, not the past players one.
Yeah, s**t mods!

I don't think the Port Fairy rumours had any legs. I've got a workmate who recruits for them and whose son plays for them and he never mentioned anything. He didn't go back to Cobden because his brother who used to captain them had a falling out with the club.

I'll also jump back on the Blues bandwagon, my late grandfather was a multiple premiership player and former president there and I used to watch them every week but have dropped off.
Rumour was from a couple of workmates who are heavily connected to souths…had also heard as you mentioned the Cobden failing out…As l still consider myself an outsider the leagues been a bit meh to me and l really haven’t picked a side…just darn happy hes playing down here..so you could say I’ll be following them more keenly next year. Thats pretty a amazing family connection to the club…🤩 Will be nice to watch with a couple of coldies next season.

Port Fairy was definitely in to him - definitely, the last three was them Terang and obviously Warrnambool

Port Fairy was definitely in to him - definitely, the last three was them Terang and obviously Warrnambool

Yeah, spoke to my Port Fairy mate yesterday.

He said it was pretty much a given he was going to Warrnambool. He said Warrnambool couldn't compete with the money Port were offering to Ben but the manager of Cunners farm is an ex Warrnambool player and that relationship got them over the line.

Yeah, spoke to my Port Fairy mate yesterday.

He said it was pretty much a given he was going to Warrnambool. He said Warrnambool couldn't compete with the money Port were offering to Ben but the manager of Cunners farm is an ex Warrnambool player and that relationship got them over the line.
Your story is 100% correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pushing TT down to wish this bloke some enjoyment pulling on the boots locally.
Still doing the hard yards running roads aside from normal training - he’s in for a big year I think - practice match on Friday Night against a district league side on a small track - not sure if he’s having a run but scary if he does

He’ll probably play till he’s 50 sitting in the square and kicking goals for fun
If I'm in the backline I'm legit running on first and standing next to anyone but Cunners. Sorry Thommo, you've got old mate, don't worry I'll help you out, knowing full well I'm going nowhere that tank.

Time to fire up the Bat Signal ? 🦇

8nici6.jpg

Him and Aaron Black tearing it up for Warrnambool.

Nah, Blacky kicked 7 last week. Cunners is just going. Hasn't been in the bests in the 1st 3 games. Spending the majority playing forward. Has stacked on a few kegs, have heard he not be carrying a calf niggle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back