Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

We're a one man show in regards to A graders, whilst Higgins is missing.

Cunners suffers due to a lack of another elite midfielder. If Higgins is fit and we had another equally effective centre square midfielder, then no one would ever bother tagging him.

Jed's a role player & Jy and LDU are still developing. There's not much we can do about it at the moment. We need another elite midfielder. Right now.

In a nutshell...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could the fact that the tribunal threat hanging over Ben’s head partially stymied his ability to “brutalise” Clarke, as we all know he could’ve? Especially, after he was involved in the earlier incident with Zac M. Just a thought.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Posting here because I just watched that...

Tries to knock the ball out of a blokes hands but could be in trouble for looking mean whilst he did it....

This rubbish is out of control
Not sure if you saw Christian with the flog doing the MRO wrap up on the AFL media , but that was the gist of it.

"Is Cunnington in danger of being rubbed out for the action?"

GAGF!

Edit: we are talking about the same vision I presume...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

tenor.gif

Fancy Robinson trying to square up to Cunners like he’s some hard campaigner.

If Cunners had any awareness of you Robbo you would have asked for an early retirement instead of a 2 year extension

Biggest fake hard guy in the league

If Cunners had any awareness of you Robbo you would have asked for an early retirement instead of a 2 year extension

Lined Cunners up. Cunners moved 0 millimeters.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets

Robinson reminds me of a 7 year old kid with ADD who should go on rhydalin.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
He does have ADD and was on medication, htats not his fault though. Pretty sure i heard him come out and say that he is a big fan of Cunners.
Anyway at least he is not a squib like Zorko and cry baby Lachie.

Fair point. Although I saw him go for Cunners right in front of me and thought you will regret this mate.

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will be umpired differently to the rest of the league for the rest of his career.
Interestingly the very first post in the Cunnington thread features Cunnington mentioning that Gary Hocking advises him on how to cope with a tag. He may need to re-visit the advice.
It may be easier to start flopping though.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Being tagged out of the game way too easily and is a massive reason why our midfield isn’t working anymore

He’s dropped off completely, looks void of confidence
Yep. Needs to work through this. I don't recall him being tagged until this year. Will need some time and help to adjust. A fit and firing Higgins would help plus LDU stepping up.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep. Needs to work through this. I don't recall him being tagged until this year. Will need some time and help to adjust. A fit and firing Higgins would help plus LDU stepping up.

He used to cop some attention but it has never been this focused. Ever since de Boer theyve gone after him in a very particular way.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Needs to learn how to deal with a tag
He can't deal with a tag because he can't run.

If this was the 70's he would deal with the tag in the Leigh Matthews way but unfortunately for us and Cunners this isn't the 70's.

Major problem for us - senior mids in Cunners and JZ have no tank and no run after 10 years in the system - its costing us repeatedly and we are not going anywhere with these 2 as permanent fixtures in the mid field.

Back