Player Watch #10: Ben Cunnington - routine checkup finds recurrence of cancer - Cunners to undergo 9wk chemo regime - go well Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

pablo668

Club Legend
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I'm obviously not a North guy but I just wanted to pop in and say I wish Ben Cunnington the best. Very good player and I'm sure a good bloke to boot.
Lets hope he makes a full recovery.

PlaviRoo

Draftee
Sep 16, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Long time lurker and made an account recently but yet to post. Just felt I had to post on here in wishing Cunners and his family strength and patience in these difficult times. No doubt having the footy world behind him and the fact he's Cunners that he'll beat it. Champion player but seems to be an even better bloke!

I really do hope he somehow reads all the comments on here.

Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Holding to ”expected to make a full recovery”. It’s a hurdle to need further treatment, but it happens and hopefully it just delays him being clear to get back to normal life. The last few days have a been quite the emotional roller coaster. Thinking of Ben and his family and looking forward to seeing him well again soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
The day he runs back out on the field will rival Jason McCartney’s final game.
To add to the fairy tale, would be awesome if his first game back was against Carlton, he and Docherty are at the coin toss..
I expect those 2 would be leaning on each other a lot at the moment as they both go through this together. If they were to never play again, but they beat this dreaded disease, then that W would mean more than any game, any 4 points, any flag.

Grongey

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2009
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
I doubt there is a club in the league that doesn't respect Ben Cunnington as a player and person.
A Cobden boy I believe, so this won't be a problem for him.
Best to Ben and family, club allegiances are set aside at times like this.

Shermanator

2 + 9 + 12 + 24 + 26 + 29 + 40 + JHF = The future
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
At full flight theres not many others in our club’s history that have impacted games like Cunners does. Just a flat out gun.

His ongoing health quality is far more important than pulling on the North jumper again, saying that, if he does fully recover and gets back to playing AFL it will be an amazing feeling for everyone.

Best of luck to great man - we love ya!

Debutant
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wishing you all the best Cunners. You are a legend. If anyone can beat this thing, it's you, and you'll probably do it with a vintage fend off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad