Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The article says he's expected to make a full recovery after a 9 week course of chemotherapy.

Admittedly I have no experience or knowledge in that area, but is that a common prognosis with this kind of thing and perhaps even a silver lining that it's been caught early and is expected to be eradicated?

Last edited:
Nothing worse than cancer and the effects it can have on the person and the family. Wishing him all the best with the chemo and a speedy recovery.

Makes the Greenwood steal all the more important now.

Last edited:
The article says he's expected to make a full recovery after a 9 week course of chemotherapy.

Admittedly I have no experience or knowledge in that area, but is that a common prognosis with this kind of thing and perhaps even a silver lining that it's been caught early and is expected to be eradicated?
Not 100% sure as it can differ with the different types of cancer at different stages, but both my parents went through chemotherapy for early breast (mother) and early tongue/mouth cancer. Both were detected fairly early and the chemo was torture for them both, but both beat it in the end. A lot of follow ups since that will never end.

Back