Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the strongest man on earth. I can't stress enough how much I love this bloke.

Cunners is quite possibly the only alpha male playing in the AFL today.

Now I can't stop picturing Cunners doing silent slo-mo martial arts moves in a field of grazing cows. With the rising sun behind him....
Trumps the suburban ennui of goat yoga any day.

But yeah, I do think you're on to something there ferball. He is our Grandmaster Ben.

I reckon he may have but who knows. Might ask him next family day.

I just don't get the physics of how he manages to stay completely unjarred when hit. He's like a human sandbag.

The force of the hit is absorbed into Ben's muscle structure.
It is then stored and eventually released as a Benergy Force Field, which causes both Bulldogs players to be suddenly pushed away and fall over.
It is the same force that Ben uses in his hands to push tacklers away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I can't stop picturing Cunners doing silent slo-mo martial arts moves in a field of grazing cows. With the rising sun behind him....
Trumps the suburban ennui of goat yoga any day.

But yeah, I do think you're on to something there ferball. He is our Grandmaster Ben.

Practices an ancient Australian off-shoot of Siddhartha's teachings known as Ben Buddhism.

Mate....I doubt you'd be the type to care to even read this (I guess I'd have to comment on one of his fishing pics on Instacrap :))...but that bump you did near the end on Spudringer was an act we all appreciate. At the time I'd wish you'd of done it harder but you knew not to push it too much :)

Lost the game but I did enjoy that at least.

Did he injure his finger yesterday. Was on the bench with some concern.

Dislocated a finger sideways, went to the bench, put it back in & went on again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back