Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Bens emergance as the second coming this year in any way related to the support he has around him in Anderson and Ahern?

I dunno. I think he thrives on the responsibility of being our in and under go to player. Since we've cleared the old midfield out a bit he's certainly able to open play up nicely quite regularly.

Is he north’s greatest ever fisherman? I would’ve thought so.
Ian Fairley went alright with the rod in hand, and not in the Jon Dorovitch way.

Ben Cunnington: You have to love the way this bloke plays. He is an absolute monster from tough country in rural Victoria. He drove the Roos home against West Coast in Hobart by 40 points with 39 disposals including 14 in the third term when the Roos put a three and a half goal gap in the game that the Eagles were unlikely to peg back.

He Currently is:

3rd in the league for total contested possessions
4th in the league for total clearances
7th in the league for total centre clearances
3rd in the league for total stoppage clearances
19th in the league for total tackles
22nd in the league for total disposals

Well and truly deserves to be in the picture for a spot in the AA side. At minimum in the squad.

He Currently is:

Well and truly deserves to be in the picture for a spot in the AA side. At minimum in the squad.

If he is not in the AA team I will fair dinkum go he

If he is not in the AA team I will fair dinkum go he
Looks like you're it then ;).

He wont make it.

Would be happy to see him in the squad, but given our season and with Higgins dominating the limelight, I'm not expecting it. With mids probably taking up half the initial nominations and the AFL stats ratings having him as a top 20 player in the competition, you could make a case for him.

If we were locked in the top 4, he'd be a monty.

He Currently is:

Stole these stats for the main board because some clowns don’t rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is that?

The old bull and the young bull becoming mates and going into business together with Shinboner cattle co.

Setting a very nice legacy for the Number 10 guernsey of the NMFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back