Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Was obvious how much we missed him last week. So creative, and shows that you don't have to have pace to be effective. Can mark too. In our top two, clearly, with Shaun Higgins at the moment. Goldy used to be there, not so much in the last half a season or so.

Still annoys me when he doesn't move back off the mark. At one point, he stood on the mark and went to handball and it got smoothered. Luckily one of our players managed to get it back.

His ability by hand is on a different level to most players in the AFL, let alone our team. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that he's second only to Sam Mitchell league-wide in his ability to consistently execute creative handballs to set players away.

Not sure I can remember a North player in my time watching that is as good as Cunners in this area.

His ability by hand is on a different level to most players in the AFL, let alone our team. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that he's second only to Sam Mitchell league-wide in his ability to consistently execute creative handballs to set players away.

Not sure I can remember a North player in my time watching that is as good as Cunners in this area.

I go all the way back to Barry Cable and his hands.

I genuinely :hearts: this Ben Cunnington. My favourite player.

The :doughnut: eating, :hotel: visiting version from last year can gagf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still annoys me when he doesn't move back off the mark. At one point, he stood on the mark and went to handball and it got smoothered. Luckily one of our players managed to get it back.
Agreed . So frustration when he kicked into the back of a geelong player. However he was massive yesterday. His frontal fend off while breaking another tackle was huge.

Agreed . So frustration when he kicked into the back of a geelong player. However he was massive yesterday. His frontal fend off while breaking another tackle was huge.
Didn't he kick it into the back of Hrovat who ran across his line of vision?

Didn't he kick it into the back of Hrovat who ran across his line of vision?
I agree with the top poster ^ He played very well. And B Tron, yes , saw that. I was sitting in front of a huge tv screen where all the game was larger than life. Sitting with North Melb strangers in the Club . (and a couple of Cat fans, but we won't mention them )

Made a few mistakes but is moving much better than last year.

Important player, we need his creativity. Missed him a lot last week.

I agree with the top poster ^ He played very well. And B Tron, yes , saw that. I was sitting in front of a huge tv screen where all the game was larger than life. Sitting with North Melb strangers in the Club . (and a couple of Cat fans, but we won't mention them )

Welcome to the board, Sheena.

Just a long shot here, but are you, by any chance, a punk rocker?

Welcome to the board, Sheena.

Just a long shot here, but are you, by any chance, a punk rocker?

Literally asked the same question. Hahahaha

And to get the punk rocker reference, you need to be an old bugger like me :(

I just looked it up, the Ramones classic was released in 1977, soooo long ago but a great year nonetheless.

Yeah feeling old these days. I wasn't born when it came out but yeah pretty close. Great band.

I was thinking about this the other day, do you think that there will not be anymore widely influential bands/artists in today's music generation. Many of the bands/groups today seem to be derivative of other great bands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back