Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Therefore, supersub. It works.

Perhaps if JZ was the 22nd best player in the side.

That is not, and never will be, the case.

He's Goddard MK II. He's going to be a gun.

Hard to split.

Cunnington
Atley
Bastinac
Ziebell

Impact wise (as in, the ability to out and out turn a game):

Atley
Ziebell
Bastinac
Cunners

Hard to split.

Cunnington
Atley
Bastinac
Ziebell

Impact wise (as in, the ability to out and out turn a game):

Atley
Ziebell
Bastinac
Cunners

We're looking at 4 youngins who will prob make up a huge part of our premiership run in 3-4 years with a seasoned vet in Swallow feeding from Goldstein. Damn if they turn out like I think they could we'll be witnessing a truely awesome midfield.

Hey maybe Hansen'll start playing like I know he can and what out!!

Would love to see a mini highlight package for the these 4 from the Lions games. IMO Atley did some very good things:thumbsu:

WOW this is harder than I thought. Can't be satisfied with any way I split them.

But:
Atley(purely on how naturally evasive he is, and how frequently he presents)
next crikey
Cunnington
Ziebell
Basti

Yeah, maybe Busta is last largely because I've forgotten how good he is!

Most dominant -
Ziebell

Most Exciting -
Atley

Most Consistent -
Bastinac (30 good disposals a game)

Wildcard -
I don't think we've seen what Cunnington is capable of, he could be anything. I want to see him get angry on the field and throw his weight around. Good mark, great kick, strong body - he just needs to get fit. Clearance machine who can kick goals? I could see him being a great defender too. I don't think we'll really know what we've got with this kid until he gets a full pre-season and then 22 games under his belt.

There is something about Cunnington that leads me to believe that he will be the best of the lot. He reminds me of a young Diesel Williams. When he can stay on the training track for an extended period then watch this kid. His clearance work will be special.

I rate Jack next because as Only Forward says, he will be our game breaker, the bloke to throw in the midfield when we are losing the clearances or throw back when we're under siege.

Basti will also be a terrific onballer but a completely different player to the two above. If anyone remembers John Byrne who played for North, then he's is this teams version. He links our plays up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the looks of it so far... its Atley

Great game by the lad on the weekend... pity he plays for us otherwise he would be touted as a future Rising Star, Brownlow, Premiership Captain... (I'm sure some will still tho)
The media would be jizzing if he played for Melb / Rich

YOUTUBE: Rd24 Cunnington, LT's Vid now done too.

LT Vid complete.

God dam it Cunners did some good work that day. Now for all to see in one neat little package.

We're all footy staved so I did what I do best and put together this little gem. Goes without saying that the play Old Skool mentioned in the review thread was a stand out.

Mods, I'll post it in the highlights thread too, but can we leave this open for a bit of quiet Ben10 time?

[YOUTUBE]QjScXpWJpEM[/YOUTUBE]

LT's finest field skills. Some of those Jets were Wells-esque if i ever...

[YOUTUBE]lR9DzOqjEP4[/YOUTUBE]

Ha, thx for that. Was that Black Sabbath at the end there? :)

Cunnington is just about the cleanest inside player we have IMO. Just a natural by hand. Hopefully getting his first full pre-season will be the tonic he needs to take the next step.

Kicking has become a group think. Youve let yourself be talked into by Healy. I like his kicking.
He will be a better player than Basti (who I rate).

Ha! If you look closely Tuck tries to get up, then realises it's probably best to just stay on all fours @00:58

What about getting the ball out AND hitting a target in that last play. F'n heavy. fluke or not, he had JR monstering him, one arm tied and still managed to legally dispose, ump was right infront of him.

He should've either dobbed it, or kicked to Petrie's advantage after that epic Boomer pass.

Thanks for that OE. That footage certainly shows that there is plenty to work with in Ben. I get the feeling that his biggest issue is not necessarily fitness, which is of course very much something he needs to work on, but his self belief. A few more games like this and he could well 'break out'.

As for his kicking, I think he is a really neat kick. Effective rather than spectacular, Cunners will not be a line breaker of a player but mroe so the guy that gets things going from the middle. Very effective 40-50 meter player.

For those interested, here's a screen shot of my youtube channels statistics over the last 12 months. It's all NMFC content, as posted here. It gives a bit of insight into who's online and who's interested in the NMFC. It also tells you where vids are linked, how theyre being watched, computer, hand held etc. Geez, marketing would be a breeze with everything they know today.

endthdegreestats.jpg

So that's 9000+ times NMFC and Mazda gained exposure on the internet, across 9 countries worldwide. lol Great stuff guys.

God dam it Cunners did some good work that day. Now for all to see in one neat little package.

We're all footy staved so I did what I do best and put together this little gem. Goes without saying that the play Old Skool mentioned in the review thread was a stand out.

Mods, I'll post it in the highlights thread too, but can we leave this open for a bit of quiet Ben10 time?

[YOUTUBE]QjScXpWJpEM[/YOUTUBE]

The LT one will come if there's enough interest.

Ohh Errol well done thanks very much good work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back