Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They might tip toe around Cunners, but I don't reckon they go within 10 feet of Taylor.

He makes Cunners look affable by comparison.
They don't tip-toe around him at all and it's pretty obvious why. He doesn't treat them like idiots whatever their age, he doesn't say much but clearly has a dry sense of humour. He knows who he is, is comfortable in his own skin and leads by example.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Beast.

Top 3 in both of the elite contested categories.

1621064983737.png

1621064949553.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He gave this a fright today, and put in an equal 2nd best effort in the list he personally owns.

He's arguably the greatest contested ball player in North's history

1621066401044.png

Last edited:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They don't tip-toe around him at all and it's pretty obvious why. He doesn't treat them like idiots whatever their age, he doesn't say much but clearly has a dry sense of humour. He knows who he is, is comfortable in his own skin and leads by example.
I recall Bernie Vince tip toeing around him once. Didn't end terribly well for bernie.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Also great seeing Tarryn Thomas embracing Cunners straight after the siren. You can just see the massive respect he has for him

Starting to see it on a regular basis, TT in the middle gets separation on his opponent, cunners hits him with a handpass, and he's off bouncing. Poetry in motion. I like that Nobes is using TT in this way. Other thing i really notice of TT is its rare for him to go to ground, even if he contests it in the air and brings it to ground, he's there with his second efforts to win his own ball or effect a spoil. Cunners being cunners, Jy being Jy, but the game was won today by LDU and TT stepping up to that next level, and Garns is a BIG inclusion. Larkey pushing up the ground getting in the game and taking marks helps a lot. Shame Stevo couldn't be a part of that win today.

Back