Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No team has sought thou DNA for want there to of the physicality they require to succeed in our game for lack there of a lesser man.

He’s also really really good at footy.
images (2).jpeg

Amazing. I've watched a lot of footy and seen a thousand contests. But I don't think I've ever seen footage of someone who is actively scared of contact with someone else on a football field. Most AFL players are used to being the biggest baddest fish in the pond, and I think it's very rare to see actual fear distilled into one contest. That is just Atkins recognising who Cunnington is and getting scared of it and pulling out of the contest. Incredible

The very essence of "fu** around and find out". Atkins chose not to fu** around
I've seen it with Jed and Cunners actually.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Amazing. I've watched a lot of footy and seen a thousand contests. But I don't think I've ever seen footage of someone who is actively scared of contact with someone else on a football field. Most AFL players are used to being the biggest baddest fish in the pond, and I think it's very rare to see actual fear distilled into one contest. That is just Atkins recognising who Cunnington is and getting scared of it and pulling out of the contest. Incredible

The very essence of "fu** around and find out". Atkins chose not to fu** around
I don’t like to harp on about regular season games but go back a couple of years ago to Rhyces caretaker games against Collingwood and Richmond, I haven’t seen that much shirk from an opposition team since the 90’s.
they were genuinely scared to pick up the ball.

Last edited:

Can just make him a legend now and be done with it.
He probably looked at Turner and thought you broke Tarrants collarbone and got Hall knocked out, * right off.

I’ll put my hand up and say I thought he was cooked after watching him last week.
Just looked slow and lacked so much conditioning.

But Sundays conditions were ripe for him dominating.
Perfect for him and he delivered.
Beast

The handball to set up Atley is as good as I've seen. Powell must have watched it going "there is another...."

When Shaun missed the ensuing shot on goal I almost launched the remote. Deserved better
I still haven’t found my remote...

I don’t like to harp on about regular season games but go back a couple of years ago to Rhyces caretaker games against Collingwood and Richmond, I haven’t seen that much shirk from an opposition team since the 90’s.
they were genuinely scared to pick up the ball.

A lot of the players that were dishing it out are still on the list.

I'd very much like for us to get the new system down then add the physical aspect back in.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of the players that were dishing it out are still on the list.

I'd very much like for us to get the new system down then add the physical aspect back in.
Full strength, we’d be a knightmare to match up in finals.

I’ve said it before, we’re an any given Sunday team, we’ve got all the tools to be competitive, unfortunately our list has a very thin age profile. A couple of key outs and we struggle.
And we’ve got about 12 out of our main team.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On SEN this morning Gary and Whisp did the top 6 mids outside the general top bracket that always get talked about, ie Dusty, Neale, Fyfe ect. They were Sloane, Edwards, Cunners, Parker, Shuey and Lyons. I knew Gary wasn’t going to rate Cunners up there, had him 4th but Whisp said Cunners was his #1

Back